Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sledgehammer approach - Violet girl

Posted: Sep 17th, 2016 - 11:35 am In Reply to: SLAPM - The Sledgehammer Approach to Management - Jay Vance, CMT, CHP, AHDI-F

Wouldn't the solution for the employee with the radio have been to suggest some earbuds, problem solved. I work somewhere on site (transcription QA in a medical record department and I am an experienced MT) where this approach is taught to managers across the board and I have thought that it was employed so that no employee would be singled out or that individual employees would not think that they are being harassed, a CYA for management. I'm questioning why the owner of a business would post an article like this in order to make themselves look good, the timing seems wrong and the self promotion through testimonials from employees seems a little dubious. Mr. Vance, if your company is what you say it is, you would not need to be forthcoming with pay rates and benefit packages and could recruit in the normal manner through advertising.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)