Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

CA layoffs. While eventual min wage may play - a roll, the high cost of doing business

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2016 - 2:59 pm

in CA is more than likely to blame also. The tax rates are higher (employer wise). I live in a state that has a fairly low min wage, but for more than 5 years now, many companies don't hire from my state because the cost to them to do business here is high. They have to be registered in every state they do business and pay according to that state's protocol. If you google doing business in CA, you'll see the increased expenses in comparison to other states. I'm not saying with 100% certainty this is it, but probably played a roll anyway. I guess if nothing else, they had the decency to include severance when they didn't have to and never in a million years would anyone have guessed probably that they would offer this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)