Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Since Nuance has not had a qualifying complaint - to allow TAA retraining

Posted: Sep 4th, 2016 - 11:56 am In Reply to: Frog in boiling water. Everyone is next. - anon

That is not an option for us. YET, anyway. However, I have to wonder if they actually ever raise the NATIONAL minimum wage, what are they gonna do then?

If I were let go I would be trying to figure out how to file a TAA complaint. That definitely SHOULD be an option for us. There should be no question about it, we have been displaced, dislocated, whatever you want to call it, by both third world country markets AND automation. They should NOT have a right to deny it, but that's what having a legal team probably bigger than their pool of MTs means, they have the means to fight everything to the Nth degree and they do.

However, if they were "forced" to fire ALL of us because they supposedly cannot afford to pay our wages, even minimum wages, that is where they might be stuck. By then, perhaps automation might have overtaken much more anyway, but still, worth thinking about.

My personal situation is I have no idea what I would retrain for anyway, I am somewhat close to retirement, yadayada excuse excuse excuse. But if I were actually to be let go and had the time to research the TAA...

For me, 8 hours used to go by like nothing back when the money was good and there were not inherent "threats" - FIESA boobytraps if you will - waiting to spring out at you in your work. Now this work exhausts me, and I don't seem to have the energy to figure out something else. Working on it though. Trying to lose weight, exercise, trying to make the most of my hours outside work so I don't get caught short if they do decide to fire me.

One thing, though, I am hanging in there until they do lay me off. In a way, it's good to see they finally did the right thing by laying off those CA workers with severance packages yet! I really thought they had no shame and would not ever do anything decent - not that losing your job is ever decent, but the way they went about seems much fairer than they usually do things (possibly because California has great labor laws they must comply with).

They always brag about how they don't fire people in their ads. Yet who amongst us has not wished fervently - as a Nuance employee subjected to, not once but many many times, "exciting changes" and "patient safety" whatevers that inevitably seem to have the main impact of reducing our pay and making our working situation into an absolute h***hole - that they would just pull the plug and end it so we can go about finding a decent job with the sweet 6 months of (now crappy) at least some pay to do that?

And who amongst us doubts that you would NEED 6 months to clean that Nuance slime, ooze, and generalized debasement we have been subjected to out of our system? More like years, in fact.

So good luck if anyone is trying to file a TAA complaint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)