Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Disconnect - MT

Posted: Jun 17th, 2016 - 1:56 pm In Reply to: You actually think they care? - just saying

If it sounded like I think they care about happy MTs, that is not how I intended it. I said it would be a side benefit. I don't think most large corporations are overly concerned about employee happiness beyond the fact that some work harder than others to be competitive in attracting and keeping better employees, which is in fact smart if you require some level of skill or experience and are not McDonalds. Do they think of us on a par with McDonalds help? If so, that is their first mistake, and sometimes I think that is true. I often wonder who advises them and where they get their wrongheaded data.

What I think is that there is a serious disconnect between what they are trying to accomplish and what they are accomplishing by doing what they are doing. I have no reason to think they are doing away with the entire US MT base. I do think they are relying on faulty assessments to make the decisions they are currently making. Their prime concern is no doubt to avoid bankruptcy, at least for now. They are shifting (already have, I believe) the bulk to India and overseas, absolutely. But I'm fairly certain they are also wasting a ton of money on all these metrics of late, as they did with productivity training, trying to get the kind of significant results out of their US MTs they cannot achieve without a pay raise for the simple fact that they have bottomed out with this.

Anyway, just venting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)