Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I rarely get OOW now and when I do I keep - it to myself and try later

Posted: May 7th, 2016 - 6:33 am In Reply to: Is anyone actually working 40 hours per week?!?! - AnotherAnon

Having said that, I often don't have to wait more than a few minutes.

On my platform now when we have frequent OOW we get the pointed suggestion to change platforms, and since I always have a big learning curve I am dreading starting that whole new deal, would rather just wait out the old ones until they pick them dry with EHR/offshoring first.

I used to get OOW a lot when I was part time. I have to admit in my case I was really reluctant to get more accounts or even ask for them, but eventually I was forced to. Even then they were slow a lot, and often first thing in the morning I would have nothing.

If you are able to get more accounts that have actual work in them, if you haven't requested them you should. Sometimes they are horrible, sometimes not so bad, but familiarity can only help for the most part.

In my case I did try to file partial UE, but my dumb state requires you to work less than 4 days, BUT (big but) even if you have half an hour work that counts as you working a day. I think it's one of the few states that does not go by hours, but days, so as you know we can often have like one or two jobs and then nada, but that was considered a day of work for their purposes.

So end of story is my partial UE claim failed and then I realized I would have to do whatever it takes to get enough work. I then demanded extra accounts and got them. Of course my production has gone down, but at least I am making a living. Kind of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)