Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 35)

Quit Keystrokes last month - CMT/MT/QA

Posted: Apr 17th, 2016 - 3:49 pm In Reply to: Keystrokes - Anon

I worked there for almost a year. I heard the pros and cons, but since it was an employee status, I gave them a chance. It took 58 days from applying to the first day of work. I had to inquire as to the status of my employment in regard to this a few times, but we got there. You could starve waiting. I chose a simple clinic account on one software platform. They usually pay less for clinic accounts versus acute care, 7cpl/4cpl. This account was very complicated and tedious with clerical work and they did not tell me I would have to toggle back and forth to the EMR and paste x-rays, check all the other x-rays to see if the date had been transcribed or not, and keep a log of this for every pay period. They did compensate you 12 lines for each job (even if there were 3 x-rays per job). The other problem was on the weekend there were 2 dictators that required an extensive amount of clerical time. One dictated long IME reports and I was not allowed to do them, even thought I am a CMT with 30+ years of experience doing IME's. I had to open and notate each of these jobs and all their numerous addendums and send them to editing to recode for someone else to type. I got NO line count for what was usually about 15-20 jobs each Saturday and Sunday. The same guy also dictated some of his x-rays separately or had numerous addendums for everything. You still had to toggle to the EMR to check every job to be sure it was or was not pasted...again NO compensation. The other dictator NEVER put in any demographics, so you could not open a report without the medical record number. You had to toggle to the EMR for his schedule (he never gave dates) and struggle to find his patients and do his work. Again, NO extra compensation. I was getting these 2 dictator's work every Saturday and Sunday and it slowed my line count to less than half for 2 days a week. At the end of it all, my boss just simply DID NOT CARE; she just wanted the overall company line count requirement. Really? Are we stupid? Several times, I asked her how she was figuring the time worked and the line count, but she would never answer me. I just thought she was bad at math. I wrote her several times about whether she was deducting legal 15-minute breaks from the daily line count and clerical time for mandatory emails and the x-ray log? She (MZ) would NEVER answer me. Then I got an official Final Notice about 10 days before I quit. On that notice, it had boxes to check for Notice 1, 2 and 3, Final Notice and then Termination. I NEVER got Notice 1, 2, or 3. This woman never seemed to get involved the whole time until the line count came up. They never complained about the quality of my work. I was working extra to get the line count up and I got it up a lot, but it was never good enough for her. She would NEVER acknowledge all the extra work or that it clearly showed my line count was less on the weekends for those 2 doctors. I should have asked Human Resources to switch to an acute care account at that point or somewhere with another boss, but I just quit. On the GOOD side, they have a time clock, which is ridiculous, I know. In this case, it makes them required to pay you minimum wage, so that is beneficial when their wages are less than that. My state has a higher minimum wage with much larger incremental increases this year. The company seems to be good in other ways and everyone else was pleasant. Pay was on time, except in February there was one strange payday with a wire transfer from a bank in Ohio and that scared me. The next auto-deposit checks were normal. Check their job listings on their web site and you will see they have numerous jobs where you must toggle between 2 platforms and do multiple accounts. I think this is ridiculous to stress the MT this way and that they should fix these issues so you can have multiple accounts on ONE platform, the way most companies do it. So, beware of that and if you see a particular job, get the number and ask to apply for that. I would still recommend them, as I may have just gotten an unreasonable boss. Best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)