Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Here is what I found when researching.. - suspect a disgruntled employee

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2016 - 12:25 pm In Reply to: What a crock. Defined line? Whose definition? Hers? - or AHDI or that awful platform she uses??

is posting multiple posts. It works out to the same about. Gross lines means anything that is on a line, i.e. signature on a letter, date, etc., is a line - usually the standard for gross lines is Courier 12 with one inch margins. There is a formula that will give you a pretty good estimate of gross lines versus other line counts, but essentially if you multiply gross lines x 1.44, you get a pretty good estimate of the pay per line you would need with a 65 char line to equal a gross line. For example, if you are being paid 8 cpl gross lines, you would need to make roughly 11.5 cpl on a 65 char line to approximate the same rate of pay. That depends, of course, on lots of factors and is just an estimate (actual gross line pay is usually even more, depending on if you have a lot of short lines, etc.) I know companies that charge their clients by the gross line, then PAY their MTs on a 65 char line - VERY bad business if you ask me. As a rule, you get a better deal with gross lines any way you slice it - just make sure they mean gross lines with 1 margins and Courier 12 font.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)