Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

advice on working for company out of state - StillAnMT

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 6:20 am

Would like some advice on transcribing for a physician/clinic in a totally different part of the country.  My concern is all the info I know about where I live such as the rheumatologists, etc., in the area and the correct spelling of different clinics, roads, nearby towns, etc., that I do not have to look up.  But I will admit that there are times when I just leave out that name and re-word the sentence.    

When an MTSO hires me as an out-of-area transcriptionist, is the expectation there that I will spend time looking for that info.  My big concern is when, in the middle of the report, the doctor says he will call Dr. xxxxx, the pathologist over at the hospital who reviewed the biopsy.  Or another doctor who says he will refer the patient to Dr.XyXyXy.  I could easily spend 10 minutes trying to find that info on a 1-minute report.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)