Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Never Leave Things Out - 30+ year CMT

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 11:18 am In Reply to: Those of us who work for nationals work on out-of-state sm - Lifer

Don't worry about typing for out-of-state people; that part will be okay. It is part of our job to look things up...to a point. If the company does not have lists for that client for cities, counties, schools, etc., you can make cheat sheets by just listing them every time you look them up, which will save you time later. Most companies will tell you not to take more than 5 minutes to look things up and then send in blanks. I have worked as a QA editor for many years as well and you NEVER change the dictation to suit your needs, as someone also mentioned to you above. We do have the liberty to alter the sentence structure most of the time if it is awkward, but sometimes it seems that QA thinks you didn't hear it right and will change it back; that is only for verbatim work usually. If you alter the sentence like you mentioned, the QA people will see it and some doctors dictate from their notes and have excellent memories and will know exactly what you have done. You would eventually be fired in a bigger company, just for your info if the same QA person or persons keep seeing the same pattern. I realize you didn't know this, so just be careful so you don't get hurt in the future, but I am shocked that you apparently were leaving things out. These are legal documents and sometimes the doctor mentions these names for a specific reason, not just for chit chat. Give it a try and best of luck. A lot of these companies are difficult these days, so if it does not appear to be working out, be ready to bail out and get another job...many of us have had to do this because the wonderful jobs from the past do not seem to exist in great numbers like they did and that is why we all complain on this site, but we keep hoping...yup. Again, best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)