Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

CALL TO ACTION! LABOR BOARD / EMPLOYMENT LAWYERS - stormy

Posted: Mar 24th, 2016 - 2:20 pm

I advise everyone on this board to contact their local labor dept office and file a complaint.  I have an appt to file for wage violations and for harrassment/discrimination.  The labor dept said my complaints are valid and the ripping off of MTs is becoming a hot topic, and seen more and more.  Please, be proactive and help yourself and other MTs.  My discrimination complaint is based on the fact that I am a domestic tier 3 MT and I am being harrassed and treated poorly in favor of the outsourcing cheap labor overseas.  

I spoke to an unemployment lawyer as well, appt to go see him too.  He's a bulldog, and known in D.C.  Mmodal made in profit over 4 million in 2011 alone.  Their profited DOUBLED since 2008.  2008 is when my paychecks went from okay ($40-44k range) to junk now ($29 if Im lucky).

He is foaming at the bit as well.   Who knows what the outcome will be, I just really want to be able to work again without having defend myself against this ridiculous supervisors for 3 hours out of my 8 hour workday.  And that is not an exaggeration, I have proof, 3 inches thick, of just emails from the last 6 months.  

If everyone went out next week and the month of April, and filed a complaint for wage violation and harrassment/discrimation against this company of crooks and thieves in the month of April,  JUST THINK what would happen.   Our lives will change.  

We are being treated like sweatshop workers, like third world laborers in AMERICA, why are we putting up with this?  We don't have to.  We have advocates.  

One word of warning:  My lawyer warned me to always ask permission to tape record phone conversations.  You can be arrested for recording any conversations, so ask first and then do not do it if your supervisor says no.  Of course, my supervisors say no.  No surprise there.  That really got my lawyer excited.  =)  This company should have hired a few brighter bulbs to be in the position of warden/torturer/supervisor.  Their supervisors will be their downfall.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)