Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

How does AutoCorrect work on more than one account though? - For example

Posted: Mar 15th, 2016 - 6:54 pm In Reply to: I never had it, do 90% editing, use Word Autocorrect - and am at the top of the grid almost always - nm

This is a post I saw on here quite awhile ago, but it demonstrates why and how AutoCorrect does not work for people with more than one account:

One sample account is labeled #1. A sample back-up account is labeled #2. Many MLS have a tertiary, sometimes tertiaries, plural.

1. The account is verbatim, small changes to grammar or punctuation only.
2. The account is verbatim, small changes to grammar or punctuation only, but add any headings not dictated and please always correct this one M.D. who says this, and change the date to this format always.
(Many variations abound, but I used to have one that followed BOS even while saying it was a verbatim account and another that permitted correction of OBVIOUSLY incorrect word context or usage (not leaving these blank). I had another one that specified that it was verbatim but then forced the addition of headings and mandated not to repeat any words found in the headings!?!

1. Transcribe all abbreviations and/or acronyms as dictated except in diagnoses of any kind (preoperative, postoperative, discharge, admission, etc). Do not expand short-hand phrases either. All JCAHO mandatory plus recommended abbreviations are to be expanded, though.
2. Transcribe all abbreviations as dictated, no exceptions, only expand the JCAHO prohibited abbreviations, not the others.
(I used to have an account that required expansion of everything except those that appear on the NTS Transcription Guidelines, but the account was still purported to be verbatim).

1. ALLERGY STATEMENTS ARE TO BE IN ALL CAPS, BOTH POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES.
2. ALLERGY: Statements are to be in all caps only if positive.

1. Do not use the ampersand (&) symbol.
2. Please use the ampersand in all acronyms or short forms (H&H, C&S) with no spaces between it and the other letters.
(I used to have an account that permitted use of the ampersand but required a space between the H & H, C & S.

1. Capitalize all department names.
2. Capitalize only Emergency Room and/or Emergency Department.
(I used to have an account that called for capitalization of departments only when used as a separate entity, never did figure out what that meant).

1. Dates are to be transcribed as dictated: the 27th of January, 2014; or simply the 27th. If the year is included in the date dictated, force the year into all 4 digits.
2. All dates are to be spelled out, January 27, 2014, no matter how dictated.
(I used to have an account that required a spelled out month, day, year if utilized in a date of service heading, but all others in the report could be transcribed as dictated).

1. Do not add headings, transcribe as dictated.
2. Add any headings not dictated by the provider and use only drop-down format no matter if transcribed as a paragraph -- force the headings.

1. Do not enumerate lists unless specifically requested by the provider or he/she uses "next," #2, etc., and is not obviously dictating items in a series.
2. Enumerate all lists.
(There are also the ones that say to enumerate only certain sections but not the others no matter how dictated).

1. Do not repeat any information already found in the header.
2. Must place Date of Service in the document if dictated by the provider, except on this one type of report where you do not need to do so.

1. Type numeric characters as found in published medical standards and current medical literature.
2. Type numerics as Types, Grades, Stages, (either Roman or Arabic, as specified in the specifics).
(There are those wherein all numbers are to be spelled out: One, not 1. Two, not 2).

1. Type ranges only with a hyphen with no spaces between the digits. (2-3 years ago).
2. Type ranges only with the word "to." (2 to 3 years ago).
(Exactly what constiutes a hyphen and/or a dash according to NTS Guidelines really never seems to be what the physician expects).

1. "times" used, as in alert and oriented times 3.
2. "times" used, as in alert and oriented x 3.
(Some specifiy alert and oriented x3 with no space between the x and the 3).

1. Do not place patient name anywhere in the report.
2. Okay to use the patient's name as dictated in the report.
(Okay to use the patient's name but always add "the" in front of the word "patient" even if not dictated).

1. Do not utilize the Oxford comma.
2. Utilize the Oxford comma.
(If you do not know what the Oxford comma is, you are probably doing this wrong).

1. Type in the body of a pend note XXX_ underscore What is wrong with this and why you are pending this report.
2. Type in the body of a pend note XXX: colon What is wrong with this and why you are pending this report.
(XXX being the initials of either the facility or NTS).

1. The instructions for carbon copies are found in 4 separate sections of a 13-page set of specs.
2. The instructions for signature lines are found in 3 separate sections of a 4-page set of specs.
(blah, blah, blah)

1. There is a single exception for the signature line instructions for this one provider even though all others are to be done one way.
2. There is another, different single exception for the signature line instructions for this one provider even though all others are to be done in this other particular way.
(Of course, the two exceptions are not identical either).

This is not the whole post, but enough I think to demonstrate the inadequacy of AutoCorrect in Word as your only expander.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)