Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I think alot of the in-house hiring that's currently - happening is for MTs who will - sm

Posted: Mar 15th, 2016 - 2:57 pm In Reply to: Saw an ad for an in-house MT position.... - shocked me because I

be inadvertently "training" their new front-end speech systems that will be entirely run by the docs. That happened where I used to work. I quit my MTSO, got a fantastic job inhouse, and it only lasted a few months before we were booted out the door.

HOWEVER, the money I made for those few short months allowed me to get my car worked on, pay off a few bills, and stash a little bit in my savings. So I was still further ahead when I got laid off than I would've been had I stayed with my MTSO. I also got a small severance check from them... something you would NEVER get from any MTSO.

SO --- if I had it to do all over again, I would still take the hospital job!

I took my 6 months of unemployment after that, and after a few more months of trying to find a non-MT job, I gave up and retired early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)