Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Hoping it's about to start - hanging on

Posted: Mar 10th, 2016 - 12:18 pm In Reply to: Has anybody ever received TAA? - If so, could you give

First a petition has to have been filed on the company that outsourced your work to a foreign country. In my case, I had to file the petition. Then it takes a few months to get a determination. If you get a positive one, or if this company has already been found "guilty" of outsourcing, then you file an application for the DOL to look at you individually to see if you qualify. This part wasn't told to me by my local workforce for over two months, so again the process was slowed down. I personally have now been approved for retraining (am thinking of medical coding), but the continued TRA benefits (unemployment) while I'm in school (unemployment) are up in the air because I have had a low-paying job during the interim of waiting for over a year. If I don't get the TRA, I won't be able to afford to go to school...but I also can't make a living doing MT anymore. Email me if you have any questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)