Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Quality of life - AnotherMT

Posted: Mar 7th, 2016 - 2:25 pm In Reply to: sadmt - Old Pro

I am about to take SS at the first possible date. MT was such a good job for so long, but I am not so burned out and I just had to make the decision to walk away. You are correct, it is a quality of life issue. The difference between taking SS at 62 versus 66 is not enough (for me) to even consider working another four years. If I had to work another four years doing MT work, I would either be in a psychiatric hospital or too miserable for any of my friends or family to deal with my any longer. Also, with the stress, I might not live to see age 66.

I once truly loved being a transcriptionist and everyone thought I would work forever. People are still betting that I can't walk away from this keyboard. I just keep telling them, "are you not listening to me? I no longer enjoy this job at all. It's over."

I hope everyone finds something better as a career and finds a way out of this job if they are unhappy or no longer able to make a decent living.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)