Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Bittersweet - SadMT

Posted: Mar 4th, 2016 - 1:42 am

So I have been hanging on to part time MT work while also working at an outside job in billing and going to school for coding.  I am now taking over for the coder at work who is leaving and with the pay raise and full time status, am now going to quit MT.  It really is bittersweet, I have loved this job, being home with my kids for the past 11 years.  It's really so sad what MT jobs have come to, I take pride in my work and petty "mistakes" that they say are critical errors just bring everything down.  I wish the hospital I had worked for wouldn't have been so greedy to try to save money by outsourcing work to India, but hospitals are all about the bottom line and where they can cut anything.  I will always be glad I was an MT, the good has far outweighed the bad and the struggle over the last 2 years since the hospital outsourced.  Now off to better things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)