Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Too true, and... - XQC

Posted: Feb 10th, 2016 - 4:30 pm In Reply to: Answers - TRUTH!

Back when I worked for DeVenture and then Transcend I was a QA/Manager. I was able to help the MTs when they were having problems and I was more than happy to do that. I was able to help them with difficult jobs and find problem words all while they still had the jobs signed out. It was all about cooperation and turning out a good product back in those days. Yes, cherry picking would happen, but I was able to spot it and try to help the MT having the problem, like doing the job with them by listening to the job while they had it signed out and helping with the verbiage. I would even sign out difficult jobs and do them myself as a QA so that other MTs, who were getting paid by the line, could make their money elsewhere. I got paid by the hour, so I truly didn't mind and I wanted to keep "my" MTs happy. I felt like a mamma bear! I gave the MTs the ability to talk to each other on IM with the theory that communication is ultimately helpful overall and they could maybe help each other. It was a great workplace back then and we turned out quality work. Happy workers are good workers! Those were the days.

And then Nuance happened and everything changed. QA, now changed to QC, got morphed into some kind of "enforcement" role. QC is now seen as the enemy and Nuance management likes that just fine. It's the old "divide and conquer" approach to management. Keep people in the dark, give them an enemy to focus on, and then management can sit back and manipulate people out of work with impunity. The MTs do not realize that their queues are being altered by management, that individual good dictators are being carved out of their queues and sent "elsewhere," and are not told anything deliberately to keep them guessing and fearful for their jobs. They then blame QA for taking thier jobs or other MTs for cherry picking since they have no other information. This is a management style from hell. In a political setting this would be called a totalitarian state. It even has "informants," "collaborators," and a "resistance." Quite fascinating, really.

In short, Nuance has become a pit of vipers and a venomous place to work. It's a shame such a great workplace has become this, and such great, conscientious people have to deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)