Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Good question...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Dec 29th, 2015 - 1:24 pm In Reply to: TTS editing job - a non-editor at present

I worked for TTS about 3 years ago, and I had never done editing. It's a new skill set you have to learn and is very different than straight typing. They do have a tutorial and offer help if you ask. Also, their Escription does a very good job. But, being new to editing, I was slow at first, because it was a new way of transcribing, new dictators, new platform. After 3 weeks of being below their lph goal, I was getting phone calls that I needed to get faster. I assured them I would and every week my lph got higher. The bottom line was they didn't want to have to do MUP (make-up pay) to bring me up to my state's minimum wage. I kept assuring them that they just had to give me a bit more time to get acclimated, but it was certainly aggravating having them ride me like that. I persisted and eventually, after about 2 months, I was at their lph goal and eventually I exceeded that goal where I was averaging between 300-350 lph. One thing, though, is their line rates are on the low side, but they do pay for headers and footers, which brings up your earning potential a bit. When I left them last spring, I was bringing home about $650 every 2 weeks.

Their QA is pretty strict, too, so you have to be a top-notch MT to satisfy them and to keep your lph high enough.

I left because I wanted to go part time, but they said they had to lower my line rate in order to do that. Huh? I said, no thanks, remained full time and started looking around for a better MTSO where I am now, working part time, and very happy to be there.

Lots of people dislike TTS, so be prepared to get lots of negative posts. I really didn't have any problems other than those things mentioned in my post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)