Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Interesting that you are not wanting to feed into the scam, yet - echomt

Posted: Dec 10th, 2015 - 12:04 am In Reply to: Affordable - Care Act

you seem to be doing just that. The scam is the rhetoric and lies being stated about the ACA. I followed this debate hot and heavy during the widely televised debates on Fox News and other news casts before the ACA went into effect in 2014 and then went and did my own research to see whether or not the claims being made about all those people losing their jobs and insurance were actually true, and I found them to be largely inflated if not outright fabricated stories, some of which Fox News ended up having to retract and apologize for. I watched a Senator on CSPAN try and paint a totally false picture about the ineffectiveness of the Canadian healthcare system and the supposed discontent of Canadians toward that healthcare system only to have the Canadian doctor he was addressing in her testimony totally discredit the misinformation this Senator was attempting to put forth as an example of why the ACA should be avoided. She confused the poor man with the facts so badly he finally had to just shut up. So, the scam, you see is the rhetoric being put out by those claiming it is a bad deal, which scam you seem to have just contributed to in your post.

I personally am one of many, many millions of people who benefited greatly by being able to get insurance through my state health exchange. I have had health insurance since the ACA went into effect in 2014 that cost me less than $100 a month. Without the ACA, I would be uninsurable unless I went through an employee-based group plan.

The system we had before the ACA became law was corrupt and nonsustainable. The ACA doesn't solve all of the problems and doesn't go near far enough in eliminating the greed and unfair practices that riddle health care in this country, but it is a start and a step in the right direction and has at least eliminated some of the more egregious insurance practices. Hopefully, we will eventually get to universal coverage and eliminate insurance companies all together or at least regulate them and put a cap on what they can charge so that they can no longer seek to get rich on the pain and suffering of others. I believe the people who see a problem with moving away from that paradigm are really part of the problem not the solution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)