Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Precision.. (Views: 48)

Pay - Nick

Posted: Nov 16th, 2015 - 11:20 am In Reply to: Pay - Klownmom12

There is that TV psychologist who says that "we teach people how to treat us." The more I see the MTSOs and how they treat MTs, the more I believe it. The MTSOs see how eager we are to work and how we need to work and they try to take advantage. I was offered a job not so long ago from a company that advertises on here a lot. The pay was not bad, but people who worked there said they micromanage you to death, so I said thanks, but no thanks. I have really had to do some serious belt-tightening the past two years and will have to do even more in 2016, but I figure that I (and you and all of the other MTs out there) are worth more than low cpl and micromanaging. I agree with one of the other posters who asks if there is some other side job you could do along with MT? That might give you more flexibility in saying "NO" to these ridiculously low offers. Do you live in a large city? Believe it or not, I know people who make side money by doing those demonstrations of food in stores like CostCo, etc. Not sure if you are in a place where that would work. I am seeing more and more MTs take on side jobs outside of MT and I think that is a really good idea because it means that we are not at the mercy of people who will not pay us a decent wage. I am at a point in my education (law) now where I can do legal research/writing for some attorneys, so can get some side money from that and gradually move away from MT. I also know someone (an MT) who is also a dog walker. It pays amazingly well. Someone else does child care--and it does pay well. I do hope that you are able to find a job that will pay you a decent wage and meet your needs. These are challenging times for us all. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)