Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Precision.. (Views: 43)

We can affect wages by... - Linda

Posted: Nov 15th, 2015 - 12:12 pm In Reply to: Pay - Klownmom12

refusing to accept ridiculously low line rates.   If not cheating us on the line rate, they will try anything they can to underpay us, such as not paying for headers or spaces.  Ask what they pay for templates.  If the job requires working in an EMR, ask what they pay for point & click.  I recently questioned the pay for EMR non-transcription, was told they didn't know what they would pay, but they got back to me with rates and they raised the line rate 1 cent.  We need to quit giving our services away for free, especially now that they all want ICs.  We also need to quit thinking that 8 CPL is a good line rate. I started in the 1980s when 12 CPL was the going rate. Rather than raises we have received nothing but a 50% pay cut from 30 years ago in addition to losing benefits, for those who were employee status.  The longer we accept what they offer, the longer we will wait for any adjustment in wages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)