Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Suggest studying for a more productive purpose. - MT2Coder

Posted: Oct 24th, 2015 - 12:30 pm In Reply to: CHDS distinction - B

I certainly understand your interest in study and learning, but the result will be an expensive and poorly respected piece of paper that is not going to get you anywhere. It is certainly not going to get more pay.

Having been in your shoes, I can tell you that coding is just as enjoyable as MT, pays astoundingly better, offers excellent jobs with continuous learning opportunities, and even allows lateral and advancement moves into other related fields. With good training leading to the well-respected CCS and CPC certifications, you can get a job working remotely, too.

Coding will use everything you know now, from the language, anatomy, and disease processes to the content of reports to how healthcare works. It also allows interaction with healthcare providers, if you like that.

For what you will pay to study and take that hokey CHDS, I think you can put down the down payment on even Andrews. In the amount of time you will spend on study for the CHDS, you can be well on your way to the CCS and a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)