Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 31)

Letdoctorsbedoctors site - XQC

Posted: Oct 20th, 2015 - 3:53 am

I saw a mention of this site on the Nuance board, so I thought I'd put this in the Main board so more folks might see it.

Letdoctorsbedoctors.com is a site put up by a real doc concerned about the way medical records are being handled in general and how much of the EHR process they are being required to do. He has a rap video about it, and if you can get past the gangsta-rap element (a bit of a challenge for me personally) then it is worth watching and knowing that we are not alone in our concerns about the direction medical record-keeping is going. You can also post a brief comment.

This seems to be part of a larger effort that doctors are engaging in to change the way medical records are kept. They are mostly concerned about the amount of technical record keeping they are being required to do versus actual patient care, but this is actually part of the larger continuum of the fragmenting of medical record-keeping by technology and cost-cutting. To put it bluntly, the more they are asked to do in the EHL, the less work we have.

To let the doctors be doctors, they need to let the MTs be MTs. They also need to let the MTs be here and not offshore, let us do our jobs with a full command of English and the American idiom and the freedom to work without fear of losing income from unrealistic production requirements. We may have partners now in our concerns, partners who people will listen to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)