Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 42)

Ditto - ...

Posted: Oct 9th, 2015 - 10:07 am In Reply to: OMG, IKR!! ...and that's only $92 USD - woot!!

I finished my transcription course in 2008. Out of the list of 30-40 companies that I had access to upon completion of the course, there were only 8 that met my personal criteria and had fair to good reputations. I wanted to work for a smaller American-owned company who had employees ONLY in North America. I took a position with On-Time Transcription 2 weeks after completing my course and was very happy there. I was still happy even when Accentus took over. Then Nuance came along, and slowly but surely it all changed... not all at once of course, but little by little all of the things that I enjoyed about working for a smaller company and being an independent contractor were stripped away.

I do love my dictators and my accounts though. I've been lucky enough to still have an account (my main account) that goes all the way back to On-Time. If/when the day comes that I no longer have access to this particular account, I'm gone... gone from Nuance and MT altogether. I don't want to risk going with a different company and getting all settled in and then having Nuance buy out that company too, which really isn't that far fetched at all.

I think with the way things are in the field of transcription these days, there is a very high burnout rate among MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)