Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Confused by TTS standards - TTS MT

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 12:31 am

I have recently joined the TTS team as an MT, and am more confused day by day by their requirements when typing reports.  For what they are paying, which is minimum wage, they ask a lot.  They are down to the bare bones of typing, nothing expanded except in the diagnosis, not much emphasis on English grammar, not much punctuation, just everything cut down so they don't have to pay the MTs very much when typing the reports.  Most of what is done is editing,not much straight typing at all,and you are required to edit twice as much, for which they pay you very little.  At first, I thought this is okay, just simple,and I don't have to worry about extensive explanations, no one to look over your shoulder constantly.  That is not exactly what this is.  You have to maintain a high percentage, and if you don't you are given a re-training session of what is expected, what you are doing wrong and they expect you to do a short period of maybe 3 hours each night, until they release you, until you come back up to what is expected of you. This happens all of the time.  They won't actually give you 3 months probation, and they do fire you if you can't come up to standard within 1 month!  This is monitored all the time.  The doctors are mostly foreign, and horrible dictation, but they expect you to make this out because you are doing editing.  This is so wrong in so many ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)