A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

stage or grade - gabby

Posted: May 18, 2010

Anyone have a secret way of remembering when to use roman numerals or numbers for stage and grade? 

If you are on a stage in Rome, do as the romans do and use their numerals - alfredo

[ In Reply To ..]
:}

alfredo - gabby

[ In Reply To ..]
that is great! Thank you!

Per BOS, the majority are numbers, but with - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
cancer stages are in roman numerals, and we have been told to use roman numerals for stages of wounds. Grades are always numbers.

Similar Messages:

Grade 1 Or I, Stage 1 Or I - Please Help
Apr 28, 2011

how to write grades and stages:  grade 1 or I, stage 1 or I - please help ...

FYI: Grade, Stage, Type, Class
Mar 30, 2010

Grade gets arabic.  Stage, type, and class get Roman numerals.  (Exception is type 2 diabetes.)  None of them have initial caps (grade 2, stage II, type II, class II). ...

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Cancer Staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, Or Stage 4A?
Jun 17, 2013

Cancer staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, or Stage 4A?  ...

Is It Stage 1 Or Stage I (Roman Numeral) Diastolic Dysfunction?
Apr 04, 2012

Thanks! ...

Stage 4 Kidney Disease Or Stage IV?
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

Disk Or Disc - Also....grade 2 Or Grade II
May 04, 2012

Two questions that I need clarification on please.  (1)  Is it disc or disk and also (2) is it grade 2 or grade II? Thanks.   ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I Diastolic Dysfunction
Jul 31, 2013

grade 1 or grade I diastolic dysfunction????? ...

According To S/l "Port Akk 2" , Patients With Stage I Or Stage II Endometrial
Jan 05, 2012

:) ...

Stage 4 Or Stage IV Cancer?
Jun 07, 2011

Thank you ...

Low-grade Lymphoma Or Low Grade?
Jan 25, 2010

this is driving me nuts! ...

11th Grade Or Grade?
Feb 24, 2010

She had finished the 11th grade. ...

Hemorrhoid With "grade 4" Or "grade IV" Prolapse.
Oct 17, 2011

:) ...

Stage
Nov 20, 2009

The other day the doc dictated "stage IV, baseline 3.5".  Since BOS states to use roman numerals with stages, how would you transcribe the 3.5?  The above is exactly what I transcribed but don't know if it is correct.  ...

Stage 3 Or III
Jun 01, 2015

QA corrected my kidney disease stage 3, to III.  on a more recent report, they corrected my stage III to 3.  what the heck?  i have on my notes that grade is 1,2,3, and stage I, II, III.   anyone in the know?  what is up with QA????? wish they would get it together and at least try to be consistent. ...

Grade 4-5/6
Dec 11, 2009

is it grade 4-5/6 or grade 4 to 5 over 6?? ...

When To Use Grade II Or Grade 2
Sep 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me (or point me in the right direction of where to look) how do I know when to use IV versus 4.  I'm doing searches but confused as both are coming up.  Example - grade II (or 2) patellofemoral chondrosis, grade 4 (or IV) osteochondral defect.  My report is not looking uniform and unsure which to use anymore or where to look to make sure I'm correct. Thank you for any help. ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I
May 06, 2011

Which is correct? Grade 1 or Grade I (as in spondylosis, for example)? ...

Stage II Sleep
Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep? ...

3 Stage Test
Feb 22, 2010

What test has three evaluations similar to elevated at 236, follow-up at 298 and third was 291. s/l nsgk elevated at... ...

Stage Procedure?
Mar 27, 2010

This is a endarterectomy on a carotid artery.  s/l stage or maybe study procedure was done. ...

T4b IIA M1a? Cancer Stage
Jan 24, 2014

Doctor states final pathologic staging as "T4B 2A M1A." I've researched it individually and came up with T4b IIA M1a, but I'm unfamiliar with cancer staging, so if anyone can confirm whether this is right, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you! ...

S/l Tobacco Grade
Oct 19, 2009

Denies tobacco s/l grade. any ideas? ...

Help Please! Is It Grade 1 Or I MCL Sprain?
Jan 20, 2010

Thanks in advance! ...

FIGO Grade?
Mar 29, 2010

All of my searching brings up only FIGO staging, never grading.  I even checked the FIGO web site.  So, when a doctor dictates it as grade, should it be automatically changed to stage?  TIA ...

High Grade...
Apr 18, 2010

I'm having a TIA, I think.  This sentence is "....68-year-old woman with a high-grade leiomyosarcoma..."  Should there be a hyphen in "high grade" or not?  I've totally thought about this too much and I can't remember when you do and don't use the hyphen.  Please help!! Thanks! ...

LA Grade A Esophagitis
Jan 04, 2011

Is there such a thing as 'LA Grade A esophagitis'?  Thanks! ...

Spondylolisthesis - Grade 2 Or II?
Jul 19, 2011

I can never remember this one. ...

Low- To Moderate-grade?
Aug 26, 2011

Hi, I have a question that is driving me bonkers trying to figure out. I transcribe radiology, and the following phrase is used frequently: "..... mild to moderate grade...." by one particular doctor. Does anyone have any ideas about the proper way this phrase should be transcribed? For example, mild- to moderate-grade; mild to moderate grade; mild-to-moderate-grade? Thank you for any help! ...