A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

T4b IIA M1a? Cancer stage - GIMT

Posted: Jan 24, 2014

Doctor states final pathologic staging as "T4B 2A M1A."

I've researched it individually and came up with T4b IIA M1a, but I'm unfamiliar with cancer staging, so if anyone can confirm whether this is right, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you!

Normally - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Cancer staging is T, N, M... I've never come across a T, II, M.

Rectal cancer stage - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if this matters but the staging was for an adenocarcinoid of the cecum. I found on the cancer.gov website the stages listed and it did show a IIA, but I don't know if the T4b IIA M1a means T4b M1a stage IIA.

I misheard the N! He said N2a - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad I caught it. He said T4b N2a M1a. Thanks for the clarification of the T N M stages! :)

Similar Messages:

Cancer Staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, Or Stage 4A?
Jun 17, 2013

Cancer staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, or Stage 4A?  ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Stage 4 Or Stage IV Cancer?
Jun 07, 2011

Thank you ...

Stage Kidney Disease - Arabic Or Roman? (not Cancer)
May 26, 2013

Nothing in BOS, at least that I could find. Couldn't find anything on Loma Linda University site. Don't recognize the Google hits for arabic.  Anyone know?  Thanks.  ...

Prostate Cancer, Stage "pT2cpN0". Typed Right?
Jun 10, 2010

d ...

Is It Stage 1 Or Stage I (Roman Numeral) Diastolic Dysfunction?
Apr 04, 2012

Thanks! ...

Stage 4 Kidney Disease Or Stage IV?
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

According To S/l "Port Akk 2" , Patients With Stage I Or Stage II Endometrial
Jan 05, 2012

:) ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

Stage
Nov 20, 2009

The other day the doc dictated "stage IV, baseline 3.5".  Since BOS states to use roman numerals with stages, how would you transcribe the 3.5?  The above is exactly what I transcribed but don't know if it is correct.  ...

Stage 3 Or III
Jun 01, 2015

QA corrected my kidney disease stage 3, to III.  on a more recent report, they corrected my stage III to 3.  what the heck?  i have on my notes that grade is 1,2,3, and stage I, II, III.   anyone in the know?  what is up with QA????? wish they would get it together and at least try to be consistent. ...

Stage II Sleep
Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep? ...

3 Stage Test
Feb 22, 2010

What test has three evaluations similar to elevated at 236, follow-up at 298 and third was 291. s/l nsgk elevated at... ...

Stage Procedure?
Mar 27, 2010

This is a endarterectomy on a carotid artery.  s/l stage or maybe study procedure was done. ...

Stage Or Grade
May 18, 2010

Anyone have a secret way of remembering when to use roman numerals or numbers for stage and grade?  ...

Grade 1 Or I, Stage 1 Or I - Please Help
Apr 28, 2011

how to write grades and stages:  grade 1 or I, stage 1 or I - please help ...

Pt With End-stage Renal Disease
Mar 14, 2010

Patient is a 43-year-old man with a history of end-stage renal disease, status post cadaveric renal transplant in ___.  Patient had multiple episodes of increased (sl corrented) and rejection and had been treated with steroids in the past. Thanks!! ...

End Stage Renal Disease
Nov 21, 2010

Sentence reads.........his  s/l  "INR and PDQ" were both above 90.  Can find INR but PDQ?  Any suggestions?  Thanks so much for your time.  Finnie ...

S/l PT3P1N0 Stage IIIA
Jan 30, 2011

Hoping someone can help.  Sounds like "PT3P1N0" stage 3A.  It's in regards to breast cancer.   Thank you in advance! ...

Which Is Correct (oncology), Stage IIb Or IIB? TIA
May 10, 2011

x ...

Ultimate Stage Stroke?
Sep 04, 2011

Can't find any good answers for this, but he says it pretty plainly.  Thanks! ...

Stage Of Renal Disease
Jan 16, 2012

Are stages of kidney stage transcribed as roman numerals or arabic numbers? ...

Which Is Correct, Stage I T1c N0 M0 Or T1cN0M0? I've
Jan 27, 2014

been told not to put a space but it looks strange. Thanks. ...

Already At Schedule Optimization Stage
Dec 11, 2014

About every 6 months or so, it seems I am moved to a new account.  First account that I had for a few years went offshore, next account went completely to Epic, the account after that was overstaffed.   Now, just a couple of weeks into my new account which is also new to the company, they are talking about schedule optimization and there have been several OOW occasions.  This is before people are even up to speed on the account.  Makes me wonder how long until I move again. ...

In Ortho When Typing Risser Stage 2 To 3 Would It Be II To III Or 2 To 3?
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

FYI: Grade, Stage, Type, Class
Mar 30, 2010

Grade gets arabic.  Stage, type, and class get Roman numerals.  (Exception is type 2 diabetes.)  None of them have initial caps (grade 2, stage II, type II, class II). ...

Hyphen In End Stage Renal Disease?
Oct 29, 2010

I always have a hard time remembering whether there is a hyphen between "end" and "stage" in end stage renal disease.  Anyone? ...

Concerning Placement Of A Stage 2 InterStim Lead..
Apr 26, 2011

A needle was passed into the S3-4 foramen.  Testing showed a a good s/l *bell-low*...  Patient has urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency, it that helps any.  thanks!     ...

Pt With S/l Miss Awe Kaw Stage IIA Thymic Carcinoma.
Dec 06, 2011

? ...