A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ortho help - ORIF and screws - marel2

Posted: Oct 29, 2010

X-ray examination shows an anatomical reduction of the tibial plateau with (2-6-5) screws in place in the subchondral bone.
He is very, very clear - two, six, five screws.  How would you write this?
Thanks!
marelUndecided

two 6-5 screws (nm) - MissAnthrope

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Might be two 6.5 screws - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I think it's probably two 6.5 screws - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Two 6.5 (mm) screws. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Screws Used For Ankle ORIF...
Feb 19, 2015

Sounds like the doc is saying "Holston" screws..... TIA. ...

Ortho Help Ankle ORIF
Jul 02, 2010

Physical examination shows a minimal amount of swelling with a positive (s/l renkle) sign around the ankle.  He is pretty clear, but is very fast today. Thanks! ME     ...

I Would Attempt To Do A Super Construct With Either Plates And Screws Or With Cannulated Screws As D
Apr 09, 2011

Thanks in advance! ...

Sounded Like Rast Screws And Shaft Screws For Volar Plate. Nm
Mar 15, 2013

nm ...

S/l Leg Screws Or Lag Screws
Jul 17, 2010

Three 2 mm leg screws were then placed through the dorsal cortex into the volar cortexto immobilize the fracture in an anatomic site.   this is for a metacarpal fracture.. im wondering if he said lag screws. ...

ORIF Report
May 25, 2010

Hi.  I am doing an ORIF left ankle.  Fixation was carried out with two 4.0 partially threaded cancellous screws without complications.  The mortis was tested and noted to be stable.  There was no evidence of a _____ (sounds like simvismonic) injury.  Any ideas? ...

Tightening The Screws
Jun 10, 2011

Requested to increase PT production, discouraged from using F11 by having to log into QCare and fill out a form, more email warning on inactive time being too high, plus all those paycuts, non-existent incentives, NJA, pushed to work weekends, plus 99% or higher quality.  It would be a hostile work environment in an in-house job site.  Let us pay you less to work more and make it more difficult while attempting.  Oh yeah, TAA supposedly ending December 31, 2011.&nbs ...

S/l Medisurg Screws
Dec 17, 2011

This is for a foot surgery, and my doc says s/l MediSurg screws or MedSurg screws or something like that.  Any ideas? ...

Cannulated Screws
Jan 16, 2012

Question:  He's dictated "She has four five cannulated screws present".  How would you interpret this? ...

If The Same Doc Always Screws Up, Contact Him...
May 13, 2015

z ...

Hip ORIF Using TTFN? Anyone Know What The Other T Might Stand For?
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone ever heard TTFN in relation to a hip ORIF?  I know of TFN, as in trochanteric fixation nail, but have not heard this before and am unsure what the other 'T' stands for, or if she just mis-dictated.  I checked the archives but unfortunately all I come up with is the computer/text speak for Tigger's 'tata for now'- lol ...

Help With ORIF Procedure Prep
Apr 11, 2012

Once the manipulation was completed, the tourniquet was placed around the upper thigh and the left lower extremity was prepped with s/l prellgo/perlgo and draped in a sterile fashion.    Thanks! ...

Need Help Please, S/l P To A Screw For ORIF Of Ankle?
Jun 08, 2012

x ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

ORIF Surgery Term Help
Dec 06, 2013

Abdominal surgery/femur fracture fixation: "[_______] Homans were then placed over the anterior portion of the superior rami and mild amount of the rectus had to be elevated off to gain adequate visualization for reduction plate fixation" s/l spiked TIA ...

MedQuist Screws Keystrokes
Apr 24, 2010

Anyone type for Keystrokes and hear of MQ dropping them after MQ lost out to Keystrokes for a large hospital system in TEXAS?   I heard MQ lost the RPF to Keystrokes, then terminated Keystrokes contract for technology so they could not fulfill the contract obligations?  Has this affected any Keystrokes MTs? ...

Or With Cannulated Screws As Described By *some Arco.* Sm
Apr 09, 2011

I would attempt to do a super construct with either plates and screws or with cannulated screws as described by *some Arco.*  ...

Back Surgery- Screws -
Apr 13, 2015

Stupid question, but how would you write this? We placed "6-5-45" screws in the sacrum and placed "7-5-50" screws in L5. 6.5 forty-five and 7.5 fifty? ...

Crossflex Or Crawflex Screws???
Jun 01, 2015

dicted, "The patient is returning to see me 3 months out from removal of left distal s/l <crossflex or crawflex> screws."  He is a fast talker and it is hard to discern exactly what the middle part of the word is, but i can't find anything.  Help.   ...

Pt Had ORIF Performed With S/l Synthese HS1 Step One
Jan 13, 2011

x ...

ORIF Of A Left Hip Replacement Using S/l Scent-sis DHS
Dec 06, 2011

x ...

Should This Be Hyphenated? Cannulated-titanium Screws
May 24, 2010

"insertion of 3 cannulated titanium screws".  Should cannulated titanium be hyphenated?   Thanks. ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

Patient Is Scheduled For ORIF Right Hip. We Will Use S/l Dull-meyer Greater Trochanteric Clamp
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Pedicle Screws And *s/l "RAD-ums."
Apr 17, 2012

Posterior segmental instrumentation from T7 to L1 with pedicle screws and *s/l RAD-ums.* ...

Help With This Ortho Please And Thanks!
Oct 22, 2009

this note is for pain of the right ankle - She has had multiple treatment modalities, including s/l "an o fa reeses", Lidoderm patch, acupuncture, Neurontin. and on physical examination, There are no skin changes over the ankle.  No erythema, warmth, or other sign of infection.  There is no s/l "al o din e um".  She does not have a focal area of tenderness to palpation. ...

Ortho Help?
Nov 03, 2009

A left lateral disc protrusion herniation of 7-8mm is noted effacing the surface of the thecal sac and extends into cauter recess of the left neuroforaminal stenosis. This might impinge the exiting dural sleeve of the left L4 nerve root.   Any ideas? THx. ...

Need Some Ortho Help, Please
Aug 13, 2010

Dictated: Structurally, I think the wrist is intact.  There is no s/l clunking.  s/l Lots of chip test is normal.  No point tenderness is noted.    Any ideas??? ...

Ortho Help Please (and Thanks!)
Aug 26, 2010

Pediatric case  "his radius fracture had some loss in reduction with _____(s/l apextal soluation"??)     ...