A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

need some ortho help, please - ConfusedMT

Posted: Aug 13, 2010

Dictated:

Structurally, I think the wrist is intact.  There is no s/l clunking.  s/l Lots of chip test is normal.  No point tenderness is noted. 

Any ideas???

clunking could be right; maybe saying ligamentous. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Finkelstein's test, Phalen's test, Tinel's test?? - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
all common wrist tests

ballottement? - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Clunking is right -- my doctor says that too. - West Coast Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Clunking is correct-- my account doctors use that also. Not sure what the other is. I do a lot of Tinel and Phalen. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Help With This Ortho Please And Thanks!
Oct 22, 2009

this note is for pain of the right ankle - She has had multiple treatment modalities, including s/l "an o fa reeses", Lidoderm patch, acupuncture, Neurontin. and on physical examination, There are no skin changes over the ankle.  No erythema, warmth, or other sign of infection.  There is no s/l "al o din e um".  She does not have a focal area of tenderness to palpation. ...

Ortho Help?
Nov 03, 2009

A left lateral disc protrusion herniation of 7-8mm is noted effacing the surface of the thecal sac and extends into cauter recess of the left neuroforaminal stenosis. This might impinge the exiting dural sleeve of the left L4 nerve root.   Any ideas? THx. ...

Ortho Help Please (and Thanks!)
Aug 26, 2010

Pediatric case  "his radius fracture had some loss in reduction with _____(s/l apextal soluation"??)     ...

Can Anyone Please Help? Ortho
Sep 12, 2010

Does this make sense "stiff rank with anterior drawer testing".  If not, any suggestions what kind of rank couldsound that way"   As always,  my profound gratitiude.  ...

Ortho Help Please!
Nov 23, 2010

I need some opinions please.  When they are dictating about joint replacements is it well-seated or well-seeded.  I have always typed well-seated but I have had my QA to tell me different TWICE now, one states well-seated and the other states well-seeded.   TIA ...

Ortho X 2
Mar 11, 2011

...lateral partial faciectomy with patellar revision with or without the need forS/L tenalum augment.  I do not think there will be an issue with S/L bone stop, but I will have the S/L tenalum augment available. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Ortho Help . . .
Mar 17, 2011

Procedure is:  Biomet E1 active articulation dual-mobility total hip. Implant Utilized:  Biomet active articulation dual-mobility hip system with the vitamin E infused polyethylene ball that was 42-mm in diameter with an inner 28-mm _________ ball.   Sounds like "ko o chrome ball?"   Thanks for any help!   ...

Ortho Op
Apr 01, 2011

Help, on an arthoscopic repair (knee) he says "a latral patellar s/l porro site was created with an 11 blade...."  Is he saying Portal site?  Never had this guy before.  Please help, uggg. ...

Ortho - Please Help
Apr 27, 2011

I'm doing something sounds like at C5-6 and C6-7 there is reduced "volvulus" of arytenoid space due to mild disk degeneration.  I know its not volvulus - any suggestions? ...

Help Please - Ortho
Feb 23, 2012

Examination shows that her neck is tender over the lower? cervical spine anteriorly and laterally on the right and left.  Motion is good in the neck.  Isn't the neck in the upper cervical spine?  I am burnt out today.  Thanks for any help. ...

Ortho -
Aug 24, 2012

Patient with herniated disk and radicular symptoms.  Previous lumbar fusion, cortisone injections.  Recommendation for surgical procedure:  s/l PEAK or PEEK cages, plates, fusion.  Is anyone familiar with this?  My Stedman's Ortho book has a PEAK Fixation System, but I also find PEEK listed online as PEAK cage-and-plate.  Thanks! ...

Ortho X-ray Help
Oct 03, 2013

TEXT: There is some evidence of scapular notching that would be a ____ class III notch up to and possibly slightly beyond the inferior screw. Sounds like servo? ...

Ortho Sx
Jan 19, 2015

Using a -3 x 36 mm "oxsiner" modular head? ...

Ortho Hlep
Oct 30, 2009

Hi...ever heard of what sounds like an ann a cuss contracture?  ...

Ankle/Ortho
Nov 09, 2009

Hi..pt has sprained ankle.  My first concern is whether she has any s/l BMEL and we will get an MRI to see that. Any clues about the BMEL?  Thanks!  ...

Ortho Examination
Dec 02, 2009

Right thumb revision of amputation.... "On s/l gwen-e-ometer exam today he has full range of motion at his CMCJ." I feel like this may be random english words, but just want to make sure before I kill myself trying to figure it out. Thanks! ...

Ortho Help - Splint Name
Dec 22, 2009

Patient had a midshaft clavicle fracture and was placed into an 's/l  aloe-fin-air' splint.  He is very clear, but his mind is not on his dictation..... Thanks for taking the time to look! ...

Ortho Help Hip Fracture
Feb 12, 2010

He's eating and mumbling at the same time, my two favorite bad habits.... Sounds like he is saying  - I'm spelling phonetically here.... Bazed ri-ko-lar (long I on the ri) high intertrochanteric fracture.  He says this twice - the second time he is throws in "instrumented (bazed ri-ko-lar) high intertrochanteric fracture" Thanks for your help and your time!  I appreciate it. ME =0)     ...

Ortho Rib Numbering
Feb 23, 2010

is it preferred to type ribs 1, 2 and 3 or ribs one, two and three? thx ...

Ortho Help - Scape?
Mar 03, 2010

at the superior scape of the humeral head.   I can't find scape.  Thanks.  ...

Ortho/PT Word Help
Mar 25, 2010

Patient presents to office with no gait deviations, equal weightbearing bilaterally and with a s/l **Blockley's** ankle brace. I have been searching supplier web sites for 30 minutes and have been unable to find this. TIA!!! ...

Ortho/ Elbow
Mar 30, 2010

the doctor dictates     Radiographs demonstrate evidence of a s/l Sales sign ...

Ortho Term Help
Jun 02, 2010

The sentence is:  Arthroscopic acromioplasty of the left shoulder, which already had a shoulder replacement and also has an s/l ossocromioly?   Has anyone heard of this?  TIA.  ...

Ortho Procedure
Aug 09, 2010

s/l  tril op (?) procedure for extensor mechanism realignment of right knee thanks. ...

Ortho Table
Aug 26, 2010

This is an open reduction and percutaneous fixation procedure. " Patient was then taken to the operating room, placed in the supine position where her left arm was extended on the (s/l) Carter table...  " I cannot find a Carter table in any reference book or on Google.  Any ideas?   Thank you so much!  ~Reyna. ...

Ortho - Podiatry
Sep 13, 2010

Does anyone have an edition of Stedman's Ortho book that was published recently.  I'm looking for a Kuda shaver.  Stedman's M&S Equipment 5th edition has it listed this way but my use of it is being questioned.  My "old" Stedman's Otho has a Cuda shaver but does not mention Kuda..... Any help you can provide to help me prove there are 2...a Kuda and a Cuda....is appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Ortho Note
Sep 16, 2010

This lady has knee pain and she has weakness to her tib ________.  It sounds like anth.  Like he's shortening it like tib-fib.  But I can't figure out the tib-anth???   Thanks. ...

Ortho Report
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE The patient was brought to the operating room, and after a successful induction of general anesthetic the right shoulder was then placed on [s/l bump] and prepped with alcohol. Shoulder was then draped in the normal manner.   ...

Ortho Op Note Help Please (sm)
Oct 29, 2010

ACL repair, he states in one part of the dictation that three Max s/l splay sutures were placed and in another it sounds like Max displayed sutures.  Help please!   TIA ...

Ortho/Hip Replacement
Jun 17, 2011

Revision hip replacement.  Doc states pt has a s/l Salzer medical center pulse natural hip...?  Any clues?  ...