A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lab dictated 7.6 thousand??? - 7,600 or 7.6000???

Posted: Aug 24, 2010

nm

Depends on client - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

If it is a verbatim account, then we type 7.6 thousand

If the client does not have a preference, then BOS 3 states:

EXAMPLE

D:   Platelet counts were 300 to 450 thousand

T:   Platelet counts were 300,000-450,000  

So, by that standard, it would be 7,600   

7.6 thousand - deenibeeni

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be 7600, not 7,600, if your client wants this transcribed this way.

Note that 7.6000 is the same as 7.6, so if you transcribed this way you'd be off by a factor of 1000.

We use 7.6 in that situation (means 7600- no comma). - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

One Out Of A Thousand
Apr 06, 2010

How do y'all transcribe "one out of a thousand" as in "one out of a thousand risk"? 1:1000?  1/1000? 1 out of 1000?   thanks! ...

Number 7.0 Thousand?
Apr 29, 2010

The doctor is dictating a number that he states as "7.0 thousand."  How would you type this?  My idea is that should be 7.0000.  ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

How Do You Write Out Nine Point Five Thousand?
Sep 09, 2011

This is for a hemogram. Thanks! ...

Couple Thousand Jobs In My Region, But...
Mar 29, 2013

apparently all of "my" docs have started Easter early. NJA/OOW/nada/zilch/zip/zero jobs for me! Funny considering most of the docs on my accts are from other countries and probably not Christian anyway! ...

Help..in Lab Data, Doc Says White Count Elevated At 50.4 Thousand (sm)
Jun 29, 2011

This is a verbatim acct.  Would you type 50.4 thousand? ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

How Does The Dictated:
Apr 23, 2014

become "gorilla wrestling" by ASR?? Sick of wading through this slop. ...

And I Only Put The Clearly Dictated Ones On Here
Jun 22, 2015

ASR: She will remain on per Dageforde under the direction of She will remain on Pradaxa under the direction of ...

How Would You Type "twenty Thousand Point 5?"
Oct 03, 2010

How would you type "twenty thousand point 5?"  This is a doctor who consistently dictates odd numbers like the above.  ...

White Count Is "2.39 Thousand" How To Type?
May 25, 2012

? ...

He Dictates "absolute Neutrophil 2.5 Thousand" So Would You
Feb 17, 2015

These always confuse and aggravate me.   ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

Pay Per Dictated Hour
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone know how $1.00 per dictated minute compares to cents per line? Is this good pay? ...

Dictated: He Reports Doing Very Well.
Feb 07, 2012

nm ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...

A Doctor Just Dictated The Following:
Mar 07, 2015

"I instructed the overnight ER resident to place a Foley; that was not placed and this morning the patient was incontinent of urine"  He goes on to describe his disappointed in how neglectful this was, etc.... which it WAS, but humans make mistakes..... So, do you think that resident got his pay cut by 1000 dollars for that (I'm making it relative).....I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!!  Shoot, this could be a really good way hospitals could save money!!  By counting on the inevitable m ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

Too Funny...just Had An ARNP That Dictated...smg
Jul 23, 2012

"The patient has an RV systolic pressure of 25 millimeters of hemoglobin."  (meaning, of course, mmHg).    Lordy, where do they get these people?  Well, at least it gave me a badly needed chuckle. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Transcribe Headings In Order Dictated?
Dec 05, 2010

I see this now at the top of some reports.  Anyone have any idea what this means exactly?  I remember reading about it in the DQS 6.1 update, but my screen looks nothing like that.  I've just been transcribing as usual.  ????  Am I missing something? ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Should We Change The Dictated Layout Of The Report?
Dec 27, 2011

This seems crazy asking this while taking the final exam, but this layout seems spitefully incorrect. A few chapters back, it stated "going forward with the course, transcribe the report layout exactly how the dr. dictates it". In this final exam, its an operative report and she has the pre-op and post-op diagnosis' at the end of the report! Should I put them at the beginning where they have been with all the other reports we were given? So confused! ...

Why Does MM ASR Keep Changing Clock Time Dictated??
May 16, 2014

It keeps changing military time (24-hour clock) to regular time. It has been doing this since the "upgrade". ...

Question Regarding Getting Paid Per Dictated Minute...
Sep 30, 2014

I have never gotten paid per dictated minute and just curious what is a good pay range for this.  The account would be straight typing.  Just trying to get an idea.  Thanks for your help! ...

Transcribed As Dictated On Verbatim Account
Jan 27, 2015

The dictator clearly dictated a word with an apostrophy following it.  The word actually has an accent mark following the last letter, but he specifically dictated an apostrophy.  I got it marked as an error. I don't get it -- it was a verbatim account -- I did what he said - and now it's error.  Frustrated!!!! ...