A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

$1.20 per dictated minute - Pauline

Posted: Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology.

$1.20 per minute equals approx 12 cpl - MTdoigts

[ In Reply To ..]
The convention is to multiply the per minute rate x10. So $1.20 per min would equal approx 12 cents per line. You'll see that's a good average over the course of your transcription.

how I figured it - no slight to you, just another post

[ In Reply To ..]
$1.20 x 60 minutes equals $72.00

It takes 3 hours to do 60 minutes of work roughly.

$72.00 divided by 3 = $24.00 an hour.

figures - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
AND

12 cpl x 200 lines an hour is $24.00 :)

10 lines = 1 minute of dictation.

Depending on the work it can be a 2:1 or 4:1 transcription ratio.
I just worked an account for 1.00 per min and with the - functions needed to complete a report (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
it averaged out to be 6 to 7 dollars an hour for mostly 10 - 20 second dictations that should have taken 1/4th the time to do as they did. I might add - averaged out to be less than a dollar a report as well.

It was a poor, poor setup for the account regarding OUR end and earning anything worth the hoopalah. And the over 1 minute reports??? they were there - didn't see much of them myself, though someone did, I'm sure.

Similar Messages:

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Question Regarding Getting Paid Per Dictated Minute...
Sep 30, 2014

I have never gotten paid per dictated minute and just curious what is a good pay range for this.  The account would be straight typing.  Just trying to get an idea.  Thanks for your help! ...

Paid Per Dictated Minute? Can Anyone Shed Light?
May 22, 2012

Can anyone shed any light on getting paid per the audio minute? I have only been paid per line and I can't even fathom how this would compare? Anyone have any experience this way? Please help ladies! Thanks!! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

How Does The Dictated:
Apr 23, 2014

become "gorilla wrestling" by ASR?? Sick of wading through this slop. ...

And I Only Put The Clearly Dictated Ones On Here
Jun 22, 2015

ASR: She will remain on per Dageforde under the direction of She will remain on Pradaxa under the direction of ...

Lab Dictated 7.6 Thousand???
Aug 24, 2010

nm ...

Pay Per Dictated Hour
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone know how $1.00 per dictated minute compares to cents per line? Is this good pay? ...

Dictated: He Reports Doing Very Well.
Feb 07, 2012

nm ...

A Doctor Just Dictated The Following:
Mar 07, 2015

"I instructed the overnight ER resident to place a Foley; that was not placed and this morning the patient was incontinent of urine"  He goes on to describe his disappointed in how neglectful this was, etc.... which it WAS, but humans make mistakes..... So, do you think that resident got his pay cut by 1000 dollars for that (I'm making it relative).....I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!!  Shoot, this could be a really good way hospitals could save money!!  By counting on the inevitable m ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

Too Funny...just Had An ARNP That Dictated...smg
Jul 23, 2012

"The patient has an RV systolic pressure of 25 millimeters of hemoglobin."  (meaning, of course, mmHg).    Lordy, where do they get these people?  Well, at least it gave me a badly needed chuckle. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...

Transcribe Headings In Order Dictated?
Dec 05, 2010

I see this now at the top of some reports.  Anyone have any idea what this means exactly?  I remember reading about it in the DQS 6.1 update, but my screen looks nothing like that.  I've just been transcribing as usual.  ????  Am I missing something? ...

Should We Change The Dictated Layout Of The Report?
Dec 27, 2011

This seems crazy asking this while taking the final exam, but this layout seems spitefully incorrect. A few chapters back, it stated "going forward with the course, transcribe the report layout exactly how the dr. dictates it". In this final exam, its an operative report and she has the pre-op and post-op diagnosis' at the end of the report! Should I put them at the beginning where they have been with all the other reports we were given? So confused! ...

Why Does MM ASR Keep Changing Clock Time Dictated??
May 16, 2014

It keeps changing military time (24-hour clock) to regular time. It has been doing this since the "upgrade". ...

Transcribed As Dictated On Verbatim Account
Jan 27, 2015

The dictator clearly dictated a word with an apostrophy following it.  The word actually has an accent mark following the last letter, but he specifically dictated an apostrophy.  I got it marked as an error. I don't get it -- it was a verbatim account -- I did what he said - and now it's error.  Frustrated!!!! ...

Well, So Far He's Dictated Past Medical History 3 Times
Nov 11, 2010

First time actually turned out to be social history, second time started out sort of sound like medical history which was basically noncontributory, but then turned into the review of systems, and now the third time may actually be the charm.  Now I've just got a lot of heavy breathing while he figures out what's next.  Thank goodness my night is over in another hour or so. ...

The Patient Was Awoken From Anesthesia Or Awakened? Have Had Both Dictated. NM
Feb 28, 2014

nm ...

Dictated: Visual Fields Equal Examiners On Confrontation Exam.
Feb 27, 2011

Visual fields equal examiners on confrontation exam. It seems like I'm missing something...even if it's just punctuation.  Just doesn't make sense to me :/  ...

Hyphen Dictated:  the Wound Care Required Every Other Week Visits
Sep 04, 2013

dictated:  the wound care required every other week visits. Would it be as typed above?  Or stick some hyphens in there for every-other-week visits. This is a narrative report and I have to do it verbatim, cannot reword it. Thanks for any input. ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...