A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

hyphen dictated:  the wound care required every other week visits - sm

Posted: Sep 04, 2013

dictated:  the wound care required every other week visits. Would it be as typed above?  Or stick some hyphens in there for every-other-week visits. This is a narrative report and I have to do it verbatim, cannot reword it. Thanks for any input.

Hyphens - Edie

[ In Reply To ..]
Write "every-other-week visits."

The object noun ("visits") is modified--or described-- by the phrase "every other week." Thus that phrase acts as an adjective.

Since it's a phrase and not a single word (adjective), the hyphens "join" the phrase's words so they act as a descriptive (adjective) unit.

Similar Messages:

Wound Care Bee-kun Solution
Jan 24, 2010

doctor dictating medications for patient with heel eschar -- s/l bee-kun solution.  Any help appreciated... ...

Wound Care Term Help Please
Jun 14, 2010

Pt in for wound care to rle after a lower extremity bypass.   The dictator mentions after this that the pt had a reaction to the VAC dressing but is clearly not what he is daying here.  Any ideas?  Google is not helping so far. The patient has been treated with a V.A.C. dressing and presents for follow-up. The patient developed some blistering from around the wound. This was from the s/l "de-ah-care" and drapes.     ...

Word Help Please - Wound Care
Aug 06, 2014

Dermatologist stating "Patient states she has had significant success with the 2 new agents that xxxxxx has provided her at the wound care clinic (spells this) algeas and Adaptic powder." Cannot reference algeas anywhere... anyone know if this is correct spelling? thanks in advance. ...

Wound Care Note
May 13, 2015

To the wound area, Calazime will be applied today with Adaptic, alginate _______  and Medfix placed over the biopsy site and central drainage opening. s/l Xorb   ...

Wound Care Medicine - S/l Coumarandine??? Nm
Sep 20, 2010

x ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

I Do Not Care About MT Week
May 18, 2015

Just don't even talk to me about MT Week unless it comes with a decent income, a career that requires and tests for good skills and pays for those skills. MT Week doesn't do a thing for me except make me angry.  Careers that care enough about quality to not hire anyone without credentials make more money and are solid, not always running out of work. They don't make a big deal about whatever it is-week. For example, you don't really hear about Medical Coding week. They a ...

Lower-extremity Wound Care-S/L "Jello-O" Cast
Dec 15, 2013

I can't seem to find this listed anywhere.  It sounds pretty clear...does anyone know the correct spelling or does the dictator actually mean "Jell-O"-?!  ...

S/ "lett" Dressing Or Wound Care Prep?
Jul 25, 2011

x ...

Care To Make Any Wagers On MT Week?
May 13, 2015

My predictions: 1.  Mandatory OT all week. 2.  Write an essay contest for a 1 in 500 chance of a $25 walmart card. 3.  Four emails referring to AHDI celebration and winners of trip. 4.  An accidental photo of the Indians celebrating with free t-shirts, coffee cups, cupcakes, lunch spread and a ton of balloons. 5.  14 emails reminding us to do our 1 hour of mandatory OT while thanking us for all we do, and the "dont forget to submit an essay for your chance to win bi ...

Wound Care, S/l "per-fours"...
Mar 06, 2011

"The patient was placed in s/l "per-fours" (four layers) to both lower extremities and had legs elevated." Feels like I should know this, but I'm drawing a blank. Any help greatly appreciated! ...

Wound Care S/l "Didaxole"
Aug 02, 2012

"Patient had s/l Didaxole applied to the wound beds."  Just can't find this?! Anyone know? ...

Please Mention Our Plight To Doctors On Visits!
Sep 05, 2013

I seriously doubt that the dictators we edit know who or what is doing the work, or if any editing is required.  Since doctors stay in such closed groups, posting on their sites only gets deleted. It's important that they know we are being paid less than any other profession in the world.  Is that how important their patient's records are to them?  Self supporting experienced MEs are losing their home and joining the homeless.  Do these dictators want to have to lea ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

Non-ossified To Hyphen Or Not To Hyphen?
Oct 21, 2010

Is non-ossified hyphenated? ...

Re- Words? To Hyphen Or Not To Hyphen?
Oct 25, 2010

Some "re" words seem to be pretty well used, such as "readmission" not "re-admission" or "replaced" not "re-placed" but how do you tell when to add the hyphen? I've come across "reexploration" and it doesn't seem right without the hyphen, but I can't find any references that support it either with the hyphen or without. ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

To Hyphen Or?
Oct 21, 2009

The sentence is " Two and a half years ago she had knee replacement." Should the two and a half be hyphenated? I never know how to write that. Or, should I rearrange the sentence to " She has knee replacement 2.5 years ago." ...

Hyphen?
Dec 02, 2010

three-days post or three days post???? ...

Hyphen Help!
Mar 21, 2011

Sorry don't see a grammar board to post this on at the moment, so posting here. How would you transcribe the bolded phrase? "She does have a small central tear which, again, is likely from an acute on chronic-type/acute-on-chronic-type? injury from work."  Thanks in advance!! ...

Hyphen Help Please....
Dec 19, 2011

What is the proper way to hypenate non-weight-bearing? I have found it several ways, just started working for a new company and their dictionary spell check has no hypens at all in it...I sooooo hate hyphens. Thanks in advance for the imput :) ...

Hyphen Or Not?
Mar 20, 2014

The patient is cancer-free.  The patient is cancer free.  The patient is pain-free.  The patient is pain free.  ???? ...

Hyphen Woes...
Jan 21, 2010

Is it well-healed incision or well healed incision? Is it right hand dominant or right-hand dominant? how do i know when to put in a hyphen? i never used to use many hyphens, and all of a sudden QA has started noticing!! ...

Hyphen Is ER/PR Positive?
Feb 08, 2010

Is it ER/PR-positive with the hyphen or ER/PR positive without the hyphen?  I can't ever figure this out. ...

S/l Hyphen Budding?
Feb 15, 2010

Patient with a rash.... sounds like "KOH exam shows positive hyphen budding" does that sound right? thanks for any help! ...

Hyphen Usage Or Not
Nov 22, 2010

I am transcribing a report for orthopedic surgery. What is the correct way to transcribe chondromalacia grading? Is it grage 1 to 2 or grade 1-2 changes? I have myself confused as teachers always said in school that you use "to or through with numbers.  Thanks ...

Hyphen Question..
Dec 23, 2010

straight-leg raise power, or straight-leg-raise power? any help appreciated ...