A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wound dressing sounds like "Simboot" NM - mtfe

Posted: Aug 13, 2010

xx

what part of the body - is this being used on? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lower leg. nm - MTFE

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

I know it's a long shot - but could he be saying

[ In Reply To ..]
Unna boot?
Good guess, could be, thanks for your help! nm - MTFE
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Dry And Roll Gauze. Wound Dressing...sm
May 06, 2013

This is for a wound care note.  Doctor says what sounds like dry and roll gauze, and I'm wondering if this is supposed to be a brand name.  Thanks! ...

S/ "lett" Dressing Or Wound Care Prep?
Jul 25, 2011

x ...

? Peri-dressing Or Perry Dressing ?
Oct 12, 2011

Patient has had panniculectomy in the past and has a well-healed scar except for some shininess to it and a tendency for one small area to have superficial dehiscence with bleeding if pressure placed. The doc clearly says, "...recommended having the patient put s/l *peri-dressing* over his..." and later "...have obtained several of these dressings for the patient." Can't find anything. Thanks in advance.  :-) ...

Sounds Like "sassy" Tube (for Wound Drainage)
Dec 07, 2012

Ever heard of "sassy" tube or sauci ? tube (for wound drainage).  Thanks in advance. ...

Ever Heard Of "cherry" Dressing, Surgery Report, Not Pressure Dressing, TIA Nm
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

Topafoam Dressing?
Dec 16, 2009

The abdomen was dressed with "Topafoam" and an abdominal binder.  this patient just had liposuction of fat from her abdomen for repair of defects in her breast reconstruction s/p mastectomy......  ever heard of topofoam???? ...

S/l An Offusive Dressing
May 13, 2010

s/l An offusive dressing is present over her former tracheostomy site. ...

Telfa Dressing
Jun 17, 2010

Since telfa is not a brand name but a material it should not be spelled with a capital T, however, per my spellchecker and even in some documents on the web it is spelled with a capital T. I'm confused... ...

S/l Pyrine Dressing?
Jul 30, 2010

s/l pyrine dressing ?  for a pyogenic granuloma ...

S/l Permacore Dressing
Sep 08, 2011

This is a stereotactic cranial biopsy.  ...

Gauze/dressing
May 10, 2012

Hearing dressing  with tweener(?) gauze Found the answer. Thanks all. ...

"4 X 4 And A Leave In Dressing
May 19, 2010

Doing a wound care report.  The doctor is very clearing saying "4 x 4 and a leave in dressing".   Is "leave in" a type of dressing?  TIAAA♥ ...

Peri Pant Dressing?
Oct 07, 2010

used regarding a fecal impaction op report on a young child.  Thanks. ...

Type Of Foam Dressing?
Oct 16, 2010

dictator is talking about treating a wound with a foam dressing and says "knee salt" foam dressing. I cant find any type of dressing that even sounds like that, and it might be two seperate things, like "knee salt and foam dressing" but she didn't say and. Anyone know what the "knee salt" could be? ...

S/l Aquinas Or Equinas Dressing
Mar 24, 2011

A standard well-padded s/l aquinas/equinus dressing was applied in the operating room. ...

Biodisk Dressing? Have You Heard Of It? Help! TIA
Dec 02, 2011

nm ...

Question On Surgical Dressing
Jun 04, 2013

10-10 Ioban dressing? ...

Breast Aug Dressing Verification
Dec 10, 2013

The patient is wrapped with bulky gauze dressing and *6 inch J straps* or *six and J straps*?  The first one makes more sense to me, but I am unable to verify it.  Thanks! ...

S/l Dressing With Colband Or Coke Band
Oct 16, 2009

Appropriate dressing with cokeband is applied ...

S/l Cross Your Heart Pressure Dressing
May 04, 2011

This same ENT doctor says this type of a dressing over and over, and I have yet to find it.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

S/l Mild Pressure Dressing--optho Op Note Nm
Oct 16, 2012

nm ...

Is It Wound Vac, Wound Vac, Wound VAC, Or Wound V.A.C.?
Oct 24, 2011

Is it wound vac, wound Vac, wound VAC, or wound V.A.C.? I have seen it all four ways. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Wound V.A.C. Or Wound VAC
Jul 05, 2013

I have typed it like this for years and years (Wound V.A.C.) and while reviewing my "editor reviews" from a new account yesterday noted that Wound V.A.C. had been changed to wound VAC througout the report.  I have sent an e-mail requesting clarification from them but wanted to take a poll here also.  Thank you!      ...

Wound VAC Or V.A.C.
Sep 26, 2014

I had been typing this as wound V.A.C. and then was instructed that "per BOS" to take all punctuation out of acronyms. Now QA has instructed me to type this V.A.C. since this is the registered trademark name....I wish QA would make up their minds before I lose mind. TIA! :-) ...

CT And Wound Culture
Dec 20, 2009

We did a CT scan of her abdomen which was showing status post partial colectomy with ileostomy in the right lower abdomen; postoperative changes within the anterior abdominal wall including a small amount of fluid with the area s/l descended upon the lateral aspect of the renal alba, postoperative versus early infection; and a periumbilical ventral hernia which is small.  During the course of her stay here, she had a wound culture which was showing s/l tugulous Escherichia coli. ...

Drainage From A Leg Wound
Dec 30, 2009

Sounds like the doctor says P. Acmuesachia, NES????  Does anyone know a good web site to find out things like culture and sensitivity?  Thanks :) ...

Wound Checks - Thanks For Your Help!
Feb 11, 2010

it was a smashed toe and nail plate had to be repositioned - Dad has been doing daily dressing changes at home, which includes s/l "pass rinth", hydrogen s/l "brooks" peroxide soaks.   thanks. ...

Wound Treatment
Apr 26, 2010

Nonhealing ulcer of the left foot.  The patient will still be nonweightbearing to the foot.  In the front of the part, I advised the patient to use s/l alcosolatee. ...

Wound Help? 2 Questions
May 26, 2010

When designating pressure ulcer stage, would you capitalize the S in Stage?:  His Stage III pressure ulcer.  and for a Spandage, is it:   No.8 Spandage  or     No. 8 Spandage     or even      #8 Spandage   ...