A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Using brand names as verbs in sentences - cardmt

Posted: Mar 07, 2013

Using hemoclipped or endoclipped...... are they still capitalized when used this way?  Thanks.

No caps when used that way. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks very much - cardmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I thought it made more sense that way.

I Agree - No Caps-see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
...because the trade name/brand name does not have the "ed" on the end. Just re-confirming that we do not cap those. They're just made up words for convenience sake.

Similar Messages:

Rx - Brand Names
Jan 05, 2010

When typing a name like Topicort - if it is cream or ointment, are those capitalized?  Also Selsun shampoo - is the word shampoo capitalized?  Thanks ...

Hints For Brand Names Vs Generic Drugs
Aug 11, 2011

I was hoping some more experienced MTs could help me with something.  I am struggling with remembering which are brand names and which are generics (so I know to cap them or not).  Is there some trick to this? A website that can quickly (and obviously) tell you?  Perhaps some software you all have? Please, it is driving me crazy and my quality is suffering :(  ...

How Many Sentences In One Paragraph Can You Start With
Nov 02, 2010

I think this doc is going for a new record. ...

Capitalizing First Letter Of Sentences
Jul 21, 2011

I was just wondering if anybody out there knows how to switch back and forth between capitalizing the first letter of sentences and not capitalizing.  This is a problem when I go to type H. pylori or C. difficile, because it keeps capitalizing the "Pylori" and "Difficile".  Of course, I asked Support, but they said there was no way to change it.  I just wondered how you guys handle this.  Appreciate any help!! ...

Sentence Drug Help? I Have A New Doctor, And I Do Not Know How To Put Her Sentences..
Nov 24, 2009

Continue Sinemet tablet 25 mg to 100 mg orally 360 one tab q.i.d. 90 refills 3.   she actually says "25 mg dash 100 mg" but I put the "to" instead of "-"   I am not sure how to punctuate that sentence or break it up if needed?    thank you!! ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Did You See Those Long Sentences For The Daily Contest Winners?
May 21, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be a 1 sentence entry. ...

Verbatim Accounts -- What Do You Do When The Doc Goes On For Three Months With No Break, Sentences,
Jun 23, 2013

I was corrected for not making one sentence into about two pages, like the doc dictated. Do many places do this? ...

Brand New World
Jan 11, 2010

Yesterday (Sun) was a nightmare. I was struggling to get jobs all day long (see posts below). There were very few last night even, when there are normally an abundance of jobs. I was bouncing all over the place; it was like the cesspool all over again. Look at the backlog this morning; only 400 jobs company wide at 8 EST? I think whatever upgrade they did yesterday morning just sucked more accounts to our ILPs. ...

Generic Or Name Brand?
Jan 08, 2011

I've seen both lidocaine and Lidocaine.  Which is correct? Thx in advance!  ...

Brand Name Of Wound VAC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm doing a Wittmann patch procedure and the doc keeps referring to a "a fair" wound VAC.  Could be aphthair, afthar, or something like that.  Any ideas?  I must be hearing incorrectly, but it sounds the same each time.  Any ideas appreciated.  TIA!   ...

Otho Help Brand Name Of Hip Prosthesis See Msg Thx
Jul 23, 2012

The patient has a left hip replacement.  He has a long-stem ( s/l   Pel-car) stem with a lateral plate and multiple wires.     Thanks for taking the time today !   ME =0) ...

Computer Brand Advice?
Jul 30, 2012

I'm on the hunt this week for a new computer.  With all the new competitors, I haven't kept up with who is top of the line now or who is outsourcing tech support to where.  Any advice for me?  If you had a choice, who would you go with?  I've been using Dell for years but doesn't mean I need to stay there.  HP, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Acer?  ...

Brand-new Downside To VR I Never Even Imagined:
Jan 07, 2013

Have any of you noticed, after months or years of doing nearly 100% VR, that when you get a straight transcription job to type, your speed isn't what it used to be, and you've forgotten half of your shortcuts?  Even worse, I was trying to get a typing certificate a couple weeks ago, and it was typing from copy.  The instructions also were unclear, and I couldn't figure out whether I was supposed to correct all the mistakes in the paragraph I was typing from, or not edit ...

Ghost In My Machine? Brand New Computer
Nov 26, 2009

I bought a new Dell back in August and have nothing but problems with it. First I had a ? board error, then for a few days had a keyboard failure. During all this, my font size keeps changing. One day I can barely read it (looks like this) and other days, (it looks like this). The menu bars now are so small, I can barely read them, yet the font size is so large, the words run off the edge of the screen. I have spent most of my time off work trying to figure it out. I went into display and ...

Inlet Device - Brand Name Or Description?-sm
May 31, 2010

"All 12 mm port sites were closed with the inlet device, using figure‑of‑eight 0 Vicryl stitches. " It's resection of a colon tumor and anastomosis using the da Vinci.  I've heard this before but can't find a definite answer:  Is it the "Inlet (brand) device" or "inlet (descriptor) device"?  Thanks. ...

Well, I Just Bought A Brand New Computer With Windows 7 And
Apr 13, 2014

everything updates to the hilt and I am finding my typing screen has a lag to it.  I have tons of ram, etc etc and I wonder if Norton is playing a roll.  It isnt a terrible lag but when you type very fast it will locked for a few seconds.  It isnt like waiting on words to appear it is more a lock type lag if you type too fast.  I find these new computers are most assuredly nothing like the older ones that i have had.  Much more chintzy and of course made in China.  ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Is There Any Site That Lists Generic Vs Brand Name Drugs?
Nov 07, 2009

nm ...

Good Brand/model Digital Voice Recorders
Feb 11, 2010

Hi, What is a good brand/model for a digital voice recorder to recommed to a doctor for recording their voice files? Thanks, Abby ...

Doc Names, Etc
Aug 11, 2011

Can someone explain to me why, if I get paid by the line, I spend so much time looking up doctor names, facility names, the local burger joint, etc, but I don't get paid for that? ??  I am going to throw in the towel with transcription and look for a job that pays by the hour.  This line stuff is a joke.  Can't get up speed or stay with a rhythm for stopping to try to find names of people, places and things. ...

Names On W2's
Jan 25, 2015

Anyone notice their W2 now actually says Nuance Transcription Services and no longer Transcend DBA Nuance... Last year there were lots of comments about our W2's (all of us, not just those who came in from Transcend) saying Transcend.  I even wrote HR to see what was up with that. They never told us about the change to Transcend and certainly didn't mention the change back to Nuance. Oh well.  Just an observation. ...

We Need POD Names
Mar 25, 2015

etc anymore.  Ideas? ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

LOOKING UP NAMES AND ADDRESSES
Nov 12, 2009

Does anyone else ever have a problem with a doctor/nurse, etc. who sends out letters or just on regular reports who gives no complete names or addresses?  We have a place to go look them up but it does sometimes take a chunk out of my time doing it.  One or two minutes means a lot sometimes.  I have one doctor who dictates letters to "Dr. Smith, Dr. Jones," etc. and there are only about 10 of each of those listed and sometimes you cannot tell what the specialty is to look it up.&n ...

Help On Medicaton Names: S/l Di-mop-er-ide And S/l Am-a-fed.
Aug 27, 2010

Only lists lupus as PMH, so nothing much to go by.  TIA!!! ...

Excessive Use Of Pts Names.
Jun 16, 2011

I just did a report that only had 14 lines and the pts name was used, Mr. XXXXX, a total of 16 times.  The report ended up sounding so stupid. ...

Military Names
Feb 02, 2012

Doctor dictates   The patient is apprehensive about his upcoming assignment with the Army.    Capitalize Army???? ...

Patient Names
Mar 15, 2012

So, this being the most friendly and up-to-date board around regarding MT practices, can I get some opinions about the HIPAA 'privacy rule' and your doctors using patient names in their notes, clinic or otherwise. I am not sure how an HIM department can say to a physician how using a patient name in a transcribed report is not going against the Privacy rule in HIPAA.  This kind of stuff just irks me!!!Any comments??  Thanks in advance.... ...

I'm DONE Trying To Decipher Names
Aug 14, 2012

99% of the wasted "down time" I have in my work day is trying to decipher doctor names, patient names, referral names, dictator names, resident/assistant names and I'm literally sick to death of it.  From now on if I don't hear the name the VERY FIRST TIME it's said it's going to be LEFT BLANK.  No more listening to it over and over and over and over trying to catch the first syllable or the last, or even a piece of the name - I sometimes spend 5 whole minutes PER R ...