A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good brand/model Digital Voice Recorders - Abby

Posted: Feb 11, 2010

Hi, What is a good brand/model for a digital voice recorder to recommed to a doctor for recording their voice files? Thanks, Abby

I have no idea, since I am transcribing, not dictating! - ????

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

why? - ????

[ In Reply To ..]

are you redictating and editing your own dictations? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
if you do, tell me if your production is higher!

My guys (past and present) have used - Olympus and Sony

[ In Reply To ..]
One guy complained loudly that the buttons on the Olympus recorder his office manager bought him were waaaay too tiny for his great big beefy fingers.... When my last working tape machine quit working and I refused to buy another one, I MADE him switch to the digital recorder--and guess what. He can push those itty bitty little buttons JUST FINE. :)

Thanks for the input! - Abby

[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard Olympus and Sony are good, as well as Sanyo. I appreciate the comment!
Thanks,
Abby

My docs use Olympus... - Olympus

[ In Reply To ..]
DS2400 is what they use right now.

One Doc had a complaint about the slide control on the side, and one just recently went to the 5000 I think. Haven't heard anything negative yet.

Similar Messages:

Recommend A Good Digital Voice Recorders?
Aug 25, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good digital voice recorder for the office I work in?  We are still using tapes and it drives me crazy.  They are looking into switching to a digital recorder and I need suggestions for a good one.   Thanks in advance, Michelle ...

Digital Voice Recorders?
Oct 15, 2009

doc finally breaking down and willing to go to digital recorder - any recommendations please. ...

Digital Recorders
Jan 14, 2010

I have a physician that wants to swith to digital recorder so that  he can download the dictations onto the computer and send them to me (via e-mail I'm assuming) then I will type them in Word and e-mail them back to him.  I've used Express Scribe before to listen to reports using foot pedal too and typing them in Word.  Does anybody know if I can still use that software to listen to the reports and how I would get them from my e-mail to the software?  Any informati ...

Info On Digital Recorders
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone know if you can rewind and fast forward with a digital recorder?  If so, any brands you can recommend?   ...

Anybody Use Handheld Digital Recorders?
May 29, 2014

I posted a while ago on tech board but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try it here.  I'd like to switch to digital from tapes and just want simple recorders that have USB cables and the dictation can just be emailed to me (no HIPAA compliance needed in this case). Does anybody have any recommendations/specific model? I don't want something that has to have software installed on the guys' computers, just plug in and it pops up and they can click on it an ...

M-Model Take Good Care Of Their Transcriptionists?
Mar 15, 2013

So does M-Model take good care of their transcriptionists? ...

Digital Voice Recorder And Transcriber?
May 02, 2014

Good morning Fellows: I need some advice.  I have to order a recorder to record minutes at the board meeting, but also want to order something that I could maybe plug the digital recorder into that will transcribe the recording, and then all I will have to do it edit. One recorder I am looking at...the Olympus WS-822 4GB Digital Voice Recorder has a USB port that can be plugged into the PC; now just wondering what to order to transcribe the recording.....any thoughts?  All input wil ...

FTP - Send Digital Voice Files Safely?
Sep 05, 2012

I am looking for a way to have my docs send digital voice files safely???       ...

DRE Model
Oct 12, 2010

What is the full expansion of DRE model for an MMI evaluation? TIA. I cannot document the correct expansion. ...

Model Schrodel
Aug 31, 2013

http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/index.php/featured-news/metro/14680-outsourced-upmc-workers-protest-cuts "The marchers said their pay for the same work at ____ has been reduced by nearly half, from $12-15 per hour to $8 per hour." AND: "Sony and other Japanese companies have banishment rooms where they transfer surplus employees and give them menial or useless tasks or EVEN NOTHING TO DO until they become depressed or disheartened enough to quit on their own, thus NOT GETTING ...

What Are The Best Speakers For MT Work? Please Give Model # Also
Dec 05, 2012

nm ...

*tyro Kusik* Risk Model For Breast Cancer
Jul 01, 2013

ss ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Rx - Brand Names
Jan 05, 2010

When typing a name like Topicort - if it is cream or ointment, are those capitalized?  Also Selsun shampoo - is the word shampoo capitalized?  Thanks ...

Brand New World
Jan 11, 2010

Yesterday (Sun) was a nightmare. I was struggling to get jobs all day long (see posts below). There were very few last night even, when there are normally an abundance of jobs. I was bouncing all over the place; it was like the cesspool all over again. Look at the backlog this morning; only 400 jobs company wide at 8 EST? I think whatever upgrade they did yesterday morning just sucked more accounts to our ILPs. ...

Generic Or Name Brand?
Jan 08, 2011

I've seen both lidocaine and Lidocaine.  Which is correct? Thx in advance!  ...

Brand Name Of Wound VAC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm doing a Wittmann patch procedure and the doc keeps referring to a "a fair" wound VAC.  Could be aphthair, afthar, or something like that.  Any ideas?  I must be hearing incorrectly, but it sounds the same each time.  Any ideas appreciated.  TIA!   ...

Otho Help Brand Name Of Hip Prosthesis See Msg Thx
Jul 23, 2012

The patient has a left hip replacement.  He has a long-stem ( s/l   Pel-car) stem with a lateral plate and multiple wires.     Thanks for taking the time today !   ME =0) ...

Computer Brand Advice?
Jul 30, 2012

I'm on the hunt this week for a new computer.  With all the new competitors, I haven't kept up with who is top of the line now or who is outsourcing tech support to where.  Any advice for me?  If you had a choice, who would you go with?  I've been using Dell for years but doesn't mean I need to stay there.  HP, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Acer?  ...

Brand-new Downside To VR I Never Even Imagined:
Jan 07, 2013

Have any of you noticed, after months or years of doing nearly 100% VR, that when you get a straight transcription job to type, your speed isn't what it used to be, and you've forgotten half of your shortcuts?  Even worse, I was trying to get a typing certificate a couple weeks ago, and it was typing from copy.  The instructions also were unclear, and I couldn't figure out whether I was supposed to correct all the mistakes in the paragraph I was typing from, or not edit ...

Ghost In My Machine? Brand New Computer
Nov 26, 2009

I bought a new Dell back in August and have nothing but problems with it. First I had a ? board error, then for a few days had a keyboard failure. During all this, my font size keeps changing. One day I can barely read it (looks like this) and other days, (it looks like this). The menu bars now are so small, I can barely read them, yet the font size is so large, the words run off the edge of the screen. I have spent most of my time off work trying to figure it out. I went into display and ...

Inlet Device - Brand Name Or Description?-sm
May 31, 2010

"All 12 mm port sites were closed with the inlet device, using figure‑of‑eight 0 Vicryl stitches. " It's resection of a colon tumor and anastomosis using the da Vinci.  I've heard this before but can't find a definite answer:  Is it the "Inlet (brand) device" or "inlet (descriptor) device"?  Thanks. ...

Using Brand Names As Verbs In Sentences
Mar 07, 2013

Using hemoclipped or endoclipped...... are they still capitalized when used this way?  Thanks. ...

Well, I Just Bought A Brand New Computer With Windows 7 And
Apr 13, 2014

everything updates to the hilt and I am finding my typing screen has a lag to it.  I have tons of ram, etc etc and I wonder if Norton is playing a roll.  It isnt a terrible lag but when you type very fast it will locked for a few seconds.  It isnt like waiting on words to appear it is more a lock type lag if you type too fast.  I find these new computers are most assuredly nothing like the older ones that i have had.  Much more chintzy and of course made in China.  ...

Brand New HUGE Account Coming (BR). If We Can't Keep Up With What
Jun 10, 2015

we have now and they keep requesting OT, how is this supposed to work!?! ...

Is There Any Site That Lists Generic Vs Brand Name Drugs?
Nov 07, 2009

nm ...

Hints For Brand Names Vs Generic Drugs
Aug 11, 2011

I was hoping some more experienced MTs could help me with something.  I am struggling with remembering which are brand names and which are generics (so I know to cap them or not).  Is there some trick to this? A website that can quickly (and obviously) tell you?  Perhaps some software you all have? Please, it is driving me crazy and my quality is suffering :(  ...

Digital
Nov 12, 2010

A small doc office is changing to digital from microcassettes.. We have checked into Sylvan, Express Script, and Olympus software. Does anyone have an input on the software or any other suggestions? ...

Can't Believe With All The Digital Technology
Nov 09, 2010

our sound quality is so poor most of the time.  You ought to be able to hear clear as a bell, but I think it is worse than in the olden days.  Sounds like everybody is across the ocean, talking between two tin cans.  ...

Vance Digital
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone know anything about this company and the Toll Free Call in Dictation Plan?   Thanks, Helen ...