A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The patient had a left nephrectomy for s/l mow she - sm

Posted: Oct 09, 2014

or mul shee kidneys.  I would say mushy, but that just does not make sense.

Mulberry stone or mulberry kidney - Noodles

[ In Reply To ..]
Could be mulberry stones or mulberry kidney, enough of a problem to warrant nephrectomy.

"Mushy" kidney - ww

[ In Reply To ..]
"Mushy" kidneys could actually be correct. Soft kidney stones are referred to as "mushy" and are more difficult to remove than hard ones, hence the need for a nephrectomy.

Similar Messages:

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

This Dialysis Patient Has An Arteriovenous Fistula In The Left Upper Arm.
Oct 20, 2009

On exam, doc says, "she has a palpable s/l furlin to the upper arm."  It could be something it was treated with.  TIA!! ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...

Female's Social History, Dr Clearly Said Patient Lives At Home With Her Wife. I Left It SM
Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.   ...

Patient Had I&D To The Left Hand. Plan: Cultures Were Reviewed That Show A Scant Growth Of S/l
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

Nephrectomy Help
Apr 06, 2011

I am doing a thoracoabdominal right radical nephrectomy.  The physician dictates:  "The patient was very large.  A ***sounds like super ten or supra ten" thoracoabdominal approach was undertaken.  The chest cavity was entered and the diaphragm divided laterally."  It sounds like supra ten or super ten to me.  Please help!!! ...

Nephrectomy
Jan 27, 2015

Hi, I'm doing a nephrectomy and the abbrevation s/l "AMR." What would this stand for? Example:  The ____was densely adherent to the adrenal and there was some disruption of the adrenal capsule.   ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Pete Nephrectomy?
Aug 24, 2010

This pt was in a car accident that caused her to have a kidney removed...the dr. dictates, "1 kidney/(s/l pete) nephrectomy - MVA.  I've never heard of anything remotely possible. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

S/l "sito" Reductive Nephrectomy
Dec 29, 2009

s/l "sito" reductive nephrectomy--on diagnoses list ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...

Left Hip WHAT??
Jan 07, 2011

I have no idea what that last word is (spelled phonetically), but here is the sentence in its entirety.  Hopefully someone can help shed some light on it. Patient was admitted from an outpatient setting on ..... for elective left total hip replacement secondary to history of left hip "skiffy".  ...

Why, Oh Why, Could They Not Have Left Well Enough Alone.
Mar 25, 2013

Just finished the practice job and I think I have several bald spots.  DO NOT LIKE EBEYONDTEXT.  I sincerely hope it gets better. ...

Has Anyone Left And Still Kept
May 08, 2013

life insurance ...

Are There Any Left?
Jun 04, 2014

Are there any companies left that either transfer files by FTP or similar and leave you alone to do your work as long as it is in TAT?  I work at home due to my anxiety.  Have a position with a company that is trying to start some kind of group thing where you have someone hovering over you while you work or you are supposed to be the hoverer for someone else, which might be okay for some people who like working with others.  I have never been able to work well with people.   ...

Left
Feb 28, 2015

Left Mmodal first of the year, not unhappy at all. After almost 20 years with them, I feel great. I now work 15 hours a week doing respite care for a 3-year-old and love it. Feel sorry for those of you still there. ...

S/l Left Central 7
Jan 08, 2010

At that time she had developed left facial weakness which, on examination, was very clearly left central 7. ...