A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pete nephrectomy? - Sheri

Posted: Aug 24, 2010

This pt was in a car accident that caused her to have a kidney removed...the dr. dictates, "1 kidney/(s/l pete) nephrectomy - MVA.  I've never heard of anything remotely possible.

status post nephrectomy - poi

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I don't hear that...definitely sounds more like pete, but thanks for trying! - Sheri

[ In Reply To ..]

complete nephrectomy - .

[ In Reply To ..]

A couple of wild guesses - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

A couple of guesses:

1.  Does the dictator like to use initials?  Could they be saying 1 kidney “SP” nephrectomy?

2.  Could there be something before “pete?”  Could they be saying “complete” nephrectomy (as opposed to partial nephrectomy)?  

I listened for both of those and all I hear is... - Sheri

[ In Reply To ..]
"Next number one kidney dash, er, slash 'pete' nephrectomy dash MVA." Those are her words as I heard them, although she does really really like to use initials and abbreviations to the point she makes them up sometimes. :)

I think the "slash pete" is status post, and it fits. - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
x

can you hear "preperitoneal" nephrectomy being cut off? nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

For The Love Of Pete!
Feb 02, 2015

I get dinged for putting "We will treat the patient..." They say use "Will treat..." So I change to "Will treat the patient..."  Got 3 dings for it.  This would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous. ...

Nephrectomy Help
Apr 06, 2011

I am doing a thoracoabdominal right radical nephrectomy.  The physician dictates:  "The patient was very large.  A ***sounds like super ten or supra ten" thoracoabdominal approach was undertaken.  The chest cavity was entered and the diaphragm divided laterally."  It sounds like supra ten or super ten to me.  Please help!!! ...

Nephrectomy
Jan 27, 2015

Hi, I'm doing a nephrectomy and the abbrevation s/l "AMR." What would this stand for? Example:  The ____was densely adherent to the adrenal and there was some disruption of the adrenal capsule.   ...

The Patient Had A Left Nephrectomy For S/l Mow She
Oct 09, 2014

or mul shee kidneys.  I would say mushy, but that just does not make sense. ...

S/l "sito" Reductive Nephrectomy
Dec 29, 2009

s/l "sito" reductive nephrectomy--on diagnoses list ...