A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Submucous resection of inferior turbinates - does this sound right? - nn

Posted: Nov 15, 2012

Does the word humming seem right in the first sentence?  I thought maybe there is a specific name for the type of handpiece or wand but I can't seem to find that.  These are his exact words.

"Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece humming 45 degree reflex wand.  Settings of 4 and 2 were used.  Three separate submucous tunnels were created anterior to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds."

Thank you!

Perhaps simply "on the"? - jld

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be something simple like "on the"?

ReFlex Ultra® 45 Plasma Wand is a brand name by the way, so if my thought is correct (and using correct capitalization), could it be--? (For consistency, too, if you're allowed to make grammatical changes, I would change the second "anterior" to adverb form to match posteriorly.):

"Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece on the 45-degree ReFlex Wand. Settings of 4 and 2 were used. Three separate submucous tunnels were created anteriorly to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds."

http://www.arthrocareent.com/products/view/22-reflex-ultra%C2%AE-45-plasma-wand

it definitely ends in ..ing - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! It really s/l it ends with ...ing.

Could "humming" be "using" or "with the" ? - links provided

[ In Reply To ..]

http://www.stopsnoring.com/tonsilarticle.htm
The Coblation® unit is set to 6 and the Coblation® Reflex wand 55 is used to deliver the appropriate energy.

http://www.arthrocareent.com/img/vfsroot/it_1298797953/Coblation%20Turbinate%20Reduction%20TG%2032316A.pdf
Coblator®
II Surgery System Setup
1 Set up the Coblator II System and the ReFlex Ultra®
PTR
or the ReFlex Ultra 45 Wand according to the Controller
User's Manual and Wand Instructions for Use (IFU).

Similar Messages:

Type Of Procedure On Inferior Turbinates
Mar 03, 2011

The doctor is listing the type of procedure he is going to do on the inferior turbinates.  s/l es-i-marvin inferior turbinates. The actual procedure does not give any indication to this word.  He trimmed the turbinates.  He infractured them and outfractured them.  He also resected the mucosal tissues overlying the inferior turbinate bone. Any ideas? Thanks ...

S/l Inferior Asulki
Feb 28, 2010

part of the tongue.. ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

Inferior Pole S/l Pye-lo-lec-tomy?
Oct 28, 2011

I came across patellectomy, but it clearly sounds like pi-low-lectomy. The sentence is: "I think the best course of action would probably be to do an inferior pole *s/l pye-lo-lectomy* and just primary repair of the inferior patellar tendon portion back to the patellar bone."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Punctuation For Posterior Inferior Sm
Nov 10, 2011

How would you punctuate "posterior inferior" here? -"There is endplate edema involving the posterior inferior endplate of L1."   I want to hyphenate it. Or maybe just leave it alone.  Any help would be appreciated  Thanks! ...

Inferior Quadrant *antinopia* In The Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 24, 2010

nm ...

Septoplasty With S/l Esmar Of The Right Inferior Turbinate
Nov 08, 2010

This patient has hypertrophy of the right inferior turbinate and is having a septoplasty wtih s/l ethmar or esmar of the right inferior turbinate.  ...

S/l Dartoville Resection
Nov 07, 2009

Doing thorascopic procedure and doc states the lung tumor is adherent to the apex of hte chest and would require a what s/l dartoville type procedure.  I haven't been able to find anything close to this.  Has anyone ever heard of a procedure that sounds like this? Thank you! ...

S/l Ostragroma Resection Ortho
Jul 21, 2011

ligament reconstruction, peroneal tendon reconstruction, (S/L ostragroma) resectionand ankle scope and debridement. The patient's wounds were checked today and looked to be in good condition. ...

Drug S/l Lax-eze Pt Had Stomach Resection. Tia
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

Colon Resection Word
Jun 21, 2013

Dictated:  "... at which time I performed a colon resection for perforated rectum secondary to a s/l SIR-kir-uhl ulcer." He says it very clearly - not circular, not sacral - but he might be mispronouncing it.     Any help appreciated, thanks!   ...

Brain Surgery For Tumor Resection
Jun 09, 2014

I am typing a surgery for brain tumor resection using Stealth navigation system, looking for a word that sounds like "Luken's trap." I cannot verify this.  ...

Knee Surgery S/l 'placa Resection"
Sep 18, 2012

Patient is undergoing surgery for a possible medial meniscus tear.  Doc says the surgery is "placa" resection. Help??? ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

Pt Has Bilateral Renal Atrophy And Evidence Of S/l Infolitia Cysts Affecting The Inferior Pole. Nm
Jul 25, 2010

xx ...

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

Left Psoas Muscle Down To Inferior "jerosa Estacia" Sm
Oct 28, 2010

liposarcoma inseparable from the inferior left psoas muscle tracking down to involve the inferior "gerosas estacia" and true pelvis.  ...

Resection Of Lesion Along Her Left "mina Cura" Line, In The Region
Dec 05, 2011

:) ...

Wedge Resection Showed Aggregates Of "resturmberg" Cells. Sm
Oct 05, 2010

The wedge resection biopsy of the left lingula mass demonstrated Hodgkin’s lymphoma with a nodular sclerosing type demonstrating areas of the thoracoscopy specimen demonstrated aggregates of "resturmberg" cells within the inflammatory myeloid with intertwining in sclerosing fibrosis. ...

Oncology Term Regarding Tumor Resection- S/l "caster Edge"
Dec 15, 2010

The word in question s/l "caster", and it happens to be a basaloid neoplasm (eccrine spiradenoma) with atypical features. "The tumor was completely excised, but the _______ edge of the lesion approached to within 2 mm of the deep resection margin." Thanks in advance for your help.   ...

Left Hemipelvectomy Of "zone" Resection Primarily 2 But Also, 3 And 1,
Mar 08, 2011

For chondrosarcoma.  Does the pelvis have zones?  ...

S/l "pechu" Cast After Gastroc Strayer Resection? Nm
Sep 04, 2014

nm ...

Right Wrist "Darrow" Resection . Nm
Jun 28, 2011

Small Amount Of S/l "hemen" In The Inferior Part Of The S/l "angom"
Mar 07, 2011

Opthamology letter:   small amount of s/l "hemen" in the inferior part of the s/l "angom". ...

Sound Is So Low
May 24, 2011

My manager said the low sound was fixed, however, I have reports coming in timed right now and the sound is still extremely low.  I am on the West Coast.  Anyone out here having problems still with the low sound?  I can't hear the doctors! ...

I Just HAVE To Sound Off A Little Bit.
Nov 15, 2014

.....dangled in front of me only to have it yanked away shortly!  I am tired of not knowing from one day to the next whether there will be work or whether I will even HAVE a job!!!!  Tired of chasing after work that does not exist!  There MUST be SOMETHING out there for a 50+ year old person with 20+ years of medical transcription experience to be able to support themselves on, but if there is, I have not found it yet!  I have said this before, and I will say it aga ...

Does This Sound Right? I've Never Had This On An Exam..
Nov 02, 2009

Visual fields are full to confrontation. ...

Sound Drivers
Dec 30, 2009

I had my hardrive recently reformatted and I do not have any sound drivers.  I don't know how to get them back.  I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite.  Anyone know anything about that? ...

Does This Sound Like An IC Position To You?
Jan 26, 2010

The following nasty gram was sent to all independent contractors from the company owner.  I'm just curious to know . . . how many ICs treated like this? Hi everyone - I wanted to touch base with all of you immediately, as we have a very serious problem.  Aside from a very few MTs who have notified us in advance that they would be out, we have many MTs who are not working their agreed upon shift and it has put us in a serious hole.  If there is work in your pool for the physi ...

Why Does This Sound Funny To Me?
Feb 08, 2010

The doctor is stating, "There were palpable pulses in the epigastric area."  This sounds funny to me, and I have never heard her say this before.  What do you think?  It is pretty clear, but this doctor is a ditz at times? ...