A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt has bilateral renal atrophy and evidence of s/l infolitia cysts affecting the inferior pole. nm - jb

Posted: Jul 25, 2010

xx

maybe exophytic? - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]

exophytic does not fit here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
exophytic: tending to grow outward beyond the surface epithelium from which it originates — used to described tumors; in comparison with endophytic

actually it does...particularly since affecting the inferior pole...excerpt from Journal of Radiolog - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
(d) relationship to renal parenchyma (intraparenchymal or exophytic). Exophytic cysts were further classified according to the percentage of cyst extending beyond the renal parenchyma

interstitial cystitis - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Interstitial cystitis is a long-term (chronic) inflammation of the
bladder wall.

there is no inferior pole in the bladder...not interstitial cystitis - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
The initial question deals with kidneys...not bladder

can you hear infiltrative process or infiltrative disease? - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Inferior Pole S/l Pye-lo-lec-tomy?
Oct 28, 2011

I came across patellectomy, but it clearly sounds like pi-low-lectomy. The sentence is: "I think the best course of action would probably be to do an inferior pole *s/l pye-lo-lectomy* and just primary repair of the inferior patellar tendon portion back to the patellar bone."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Bilateral Groin Or Bilateral Groins, Which One Is Correct? Nm
Jun 10, 2013

nm ...

A Link With A Number Of Interesting Things Affecting Our Industry.
Mar 09, 2012

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/03/09/148230883/forget-the-robots-venture-capitalists-change-their-health-care-investments ...

S/l Emo Atrophy
Jun 27, 2013

She has mild s/l EMO atrophy - the patient is being seen for problems with her knee. ...

Mucous/mucus Retention Cysts
Nov 16, 2009

Is mucus acting as an adjective here or as a noun? ...

I So Wish Every Person Above Me On The MM Totem Pole Would Spend A Day Doing My Job.
Mar 13, 2012

Doing ASR, I feel like I am typing backwards all day long. It's like when I was in typing class in high school backspacing to correct all the errors. This ASR makes me feel like I am taking 2 steps forwards, 5 steps backwards all day. It's so demotivating. ...

Serous Line Cysts? Please See Message
Apr 01, 2013

Pathology specimen: Right ovary demonstrated ovarian tissue with small follicular and serous s/l LINE cysts.  TIA. ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

S/l Inferior Asulki
Feb 28, 2010

part of the tongue.. ...

How Much Evidence Do You Need That They Do Not Care?
Nov 30, 2011

I keep seeing posts here that include phrases like "if they cared about us..."  They don't care and have never cared.  My company was bought out about 15 years ago when we were still working in an office.  The story of how they moved us from our office to the "new" office is horrible enough to be part of a Stephen King novel and would make your skin crawl.  This is a company that operates by threats, intimidation and punishment and, after all these years, with all the ev ...

Is It Cross Fused Renal Ectopia Or Crossed Fused Renal Ectopia?
Sep 19, 2012

Thought it was cross-fused renal ectopia (with hyphen?) but when searching I see a ton of references to crossed fused renal ectopia. Anyone with a reliable source to verify or can you explain why one versus the other? Thanks! ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

There Was No Evidence Of (s/l Toting) Of The Sensorium - Nm
Feb 10, 2010

nm ...

Punctuation For Posterior Inferior Sm
Nov 10, 2011

How would you punctuate "posterior inferior" here? -"There is endplate edema involving the posterior inferior endplate of L1."   I want to hyphenate it. Or maybe just leave it alone.  Any help would be appreciated  Thanks! ...

Inferior Quadrant *antinopia* In The Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 24, 2010

nm ...

Septoplasty With S/l Esmar Of The Right Inferior Turbinate
Nov 08, 2010

This patient has hypertrophy of the right inferior turbinate and is having a septoplasty wtih s/l ethmar or esmar of the right inferior turbinate.  ...

Evidence Of Wind Burn On His Face. It Looks Like A
Feb 05, 2011

maculopapular rash but no s/l "erythema induration" and no signs or symptoms of s/l "era-sip-a-lee" or facial cellulitis.  ...

Type Of Procedure On Inferior Turbinates
Mar 03, 2011

The doctor is listing the type of procedure he is going to do on the inferior turbinates.  s/l es-i-marvin inferior turbinates. The actual procedure does not give any indication to this word.  He trimmed the turbinates.  He infractured them and outfractured them.  He also resected the mucosal tissues overlying the inferior turbinate bone. Any ideas? Thanks ...

ACL Reconstruction - No Evidence Of A Talar S/l Bilm Injury
Sep 10, 2011

There is no evidence of a talar s/l bilm injury. ...

Submucous Resection Of Inferior Turbinates - Does This Sound Right?
Nov 15, 2012

Does the word humming seem right in the first sentence?  I thought maybe there is a specific name for the type of handpiece or wand but I can't seem to find that.  These are his exact words. "Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece humming 45 degree reflex wand.  Settings of 4 and 2 were used.  Three separate submucous tunnels were created anterior to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds." &nb ...

Word Help.. In Abdominal Examination S/l No Evidence Of Peri-orientation
Jan 16, 2010

I appreicate  your help..  ...

CT Scan Shows "organilized" Atrophy
Mar 15, 2011

Doctor is reading from a report and stumbling on most words.  I've gotten all but one: "CT scan showed the ventricles and sulci were prominent and consistent with age-related volume loss in **s/l orginalized** atrophy." She pronounces it out slowly:  Orj-uh-nuh-lized Any thoughts?  I feel like I should know this, but I just cannot figure it out.  Thanks. ...

There Is No Evidence Of Sagittal Sinus Thrombosis Or Seizure *regenic* Focus. Nm
Oct 17, 2009

nm ...

Trochanteric Reattachment Plate Is In Good Position With No Evidence Of *scape*. Nm
Nov 15, 2010

s/l sca...  for sure.  Maybe scape but could s/l scafe. ...

There Was Evidence Of A Prior Biliary Sphincterotomy And There Was A Patent Opening Into The Common
May 06, 2011

xx ...

Bilateral ?
Sep 24, 2012

He will receive an endocrine consultation and get appropriate labs due to his young age and bilateral s/l "skiffies"  ? Note:  Procedure is BILATERAL SLIPPED CAPITAL FEMORAL EPIPHYSIS.  Thanks.  ...

Please Help: S/l My/la/sia Of Bilateral Shoulders
May 24, 2010

dictator listed this earlier in reference to shoulder pain and now says it again in diagnoses.    S/l mylaysias or myelasias involving bilateral upper extremity, involving bilateral shoulders.  ...

Pt Had Bilateral Myringoplasties. Doc Says "both
Aug 19, 2010

x ...

In The HEENT Exam: Bilateral TMs S/l FOR
Nov 26, 2010

Doc says Bilateral TMs s/l FOR or OR. Any ideas?   ...