A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Colon resection word - sm

Posted: Jun 21, 2013

Dictated:  "... at which time I performed a colon resection for perforated rectum secondary to a s/l SIR-kir-uhl ulcer."

He says it very clearly - not circular, not sacral - but he might be mispronouncing it.  

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Roy - pathfind007

[ In Reply To ..]
Stercoral ulcer maybe

colon resection - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be stercoral ulcer

Exactly what it is - thank you both

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I put the 'st' sound at the front, it was easily found on search.

Thanks again!

ulcer - SML

[ In Reply To ..]
stercoral ulcer

Similar Messages:

There Is No Easy Way In Word To Cap After Colon Is There?
Dec 05, 2014

a word expander like Speed Type would do that?  And can you use Speed Type along with MS Word?  And transfer over all your AutoCorrect entries easily?  I emailed the company but haven't heard from them.  : ( ...

S/l Dartoville Resection
Nov 07, 2009

Doing thorascopic procedure and doc states the lung tumor is adherent to the apex of hte chest and would require a what s/l dartoville type procedure.  I haven't been able to find anything close to this.  Has anyone ever heard of a procedure that sounds like this? Thank you! ...

S/l Ostragroma Resection Ortho
Jul 21, 2011

ligament reconstruction, peroneal tendon reconstruction, (S/L ostragroma) resectionand ankle scope and debridement. The patient's wounds were checked today and looked to be in good condition. ...

Drug S/l Lax-eze Pt Had Stomach Resection. Tia
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

Brain Surgery For Tumor Resection
Jun 09, 2014

I am typing a surgery for brain tumor resection using Stealth navigation system, looking for a word that sounds like "Luken's trap." I cannot verify this.  ...

Knee Surgery S/l 'placa Resection"
Sep 18, 2012

Patient is undergoing surgery for a possible medial meniscus tear.  Doc says the surgery is "placa" resection. Help??? ...

Submucous Resection Of Inferior Turbinates - Does This Sound Right?
Nov 15, 2012

Does the word humming seem right in the first sentence?  I thought maybe there is a specific name for the type of handpiece or wand but I can't seem to find that.  These are his exact words. "Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece humming 45 degree reflex wand.  Settings of 4 and 2 were used.  Three separate submucous tunnels were created anterior to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds." &nb ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

Colon Use
Nov 02, 2009

Should this be a colon since it is giving a list? She does not recall ever suffering from any developed mental disorders such as: Bed wetting, sleep walking, temper tantrums, or reading disabilities. and does anyone know of a good way to understand if there should be colon use or not?   ...

Colon
Jun 05, 2012

The colon was somewhat "tortuous," which limited the sensitivity examination for detection of small polyps.  Any ideas what that word is? ...

Colon Cancer
Feb 23, 2010

Is it -- Dukes A Duke's A Dukes' A I find it all three ways.  Thanks for any help in clarifying. ...

Colon Or Colons
Dec 19, 2012

GI doc dictates in several reports "right and left colons".  Can't find any reference on what to do in this case, so need help plz.   ...

? Material Left In Colon
Mar 15, 2011

It s/l vegtelant!!! ....poor with large amount of (___) material throughout the colon that could not be suctioned. Any ideas?!  Thanks ...

Colon Cancer Status...
Jul 29, 2011

I can't quite understand this doctor...it sounds like she is describing this patient's colon cancer as "Y-type".  I can't find anything like that anywhere...any help would be soooo appreciated! ...

Now They Are On A Semi-colon Rant
Jul 15, 2014

what the heck...and since when is "it" with no other identifier as to what "it" is, other then the preceding sentence, able to form a complete sentence? ...

Thickening Of The Distal Colon
Feb 14, 2015

I'm working on an audio from a bariatric surgeon.  He's talking about a woman's abdominal CT and he says "...it looked normal.  She did have some (s/l hostule) thickening of the distal colon..." Any help is most certainly appreciated! ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

History Of S/l ADM In The Proximal Ascending Colon
Sep 27, 2010

I cannot find this abbreviation on Google or in Stedman's.  Full sentence: "History of (s/l "ADM") in his proximal ascending colon with slowly spontaneous oozing." Atypical diabetes mellitus doesn't seem right in this context. ...

Sigmoid Colon Operation Help Needed
Nov 19, 2010

Doing my first op report regarding a sigmoid colon resection. Does anyone know a site that would describe the anatomy in this area? I am hearing things that sound like "mobilizing white line of Toltol"and I am pretty sure it is only going to get more complicated. Help! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. ...

Do You Use A Colon With 24-hour Time Or Not? 1600 Or 16:00
Jan 26, 2011

Do you use a colon with 24-hour time or not?  1600 or 16:00 ...

Diverticulum Having The ***classic Man In The Colon*** Sign?...nm Tia
Jan 27, 2011

x ...

Capitalization Of Generic Drug After Colon
Jun 05, 2012

can someone tell me if I should capitalize a generic drug name following a colon? CURRENT MEDICATIONS:  lisinopril 40 mg 1 daily and thyroid supplement. also, do sentence fragments and one word entries after colons get periods? I have seen these done in multiple fashion. ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

Patient With Colon Cancer Receiving Treatment.
Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C" Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment. ...

What Is The Proper Format For Military Time? I Know No Colon, But...
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't the word "hours" ALWAYS follow, i.e. 1345 hours? ...

Drug S/l Fec-ta-vic...pat Has Colon Mets And Liver Tumor
Sep 02, 2010

. ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

Colon Surgery S/l Dolphin Stirrups, Can't Verify
Mar 17, 2014

x ...

Resection Of Lesion Along Her Left "mina Cura" Line, In The Region
Dec 05, 2011

:) ...