A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

wrist support brace - sheep keeper

Posted: Apr 04, 2014

need some advice on what the best wrist support braces are as i am starting to have some problems with my right upper wrist and lower forearm, like something is pulling or twisting if I put weight on my hand like to life myself up. don't want it to get any worse, but there's a lot of wrist splints out there. Would like to know what you all use and when you use it.

sheep keeper - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I used a brand called The Lion's Paw, and it works like a charm. I have had it for 20+ years. I hope they still make them.

These are not as supportive as it sounds like you perhaps want... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

but they've saved my career (see below).  I use one on my left, affected side all the time (including sleeping) except for when showering, etc.  And then I use a Velcro strap type (unknown brand, got it during physical therapy) for when pushing grocery carts or heavy lifting.

You may want something even more supportive and rigid for when not typing, but I find my Velcro splint too bulky for work.  The SoftFlex are just right for that for me.

http://softflex.com

(You can buy singles instead of a pair here):  http://store.ergoguys.com/softflexsingle.html

me too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The SoftFlex gloves have saved me too -- after almost 40 yr of doing this -- the design keeps the pressure off the nerves in the wrist and they are comfortable too. If your size doesn't fit the way you want, they will customize the size at no extra charge as well. Great company to work with.

SoftFlex (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I've used there for years for CTS while working. They are so soft and comfortable you will forget you are wearing them. Yo may need a stronger support, but if your problem is median nerve compression, these gloves take the pressure off it and reduce my symptoms. I edit without them but use when transcribing. They are only about $8 per pair.

pain - me

[ In Reply To ..]
A long time ago I began Cosamin DS (name brand by NutraMax-long story, but worth it)for neck pain and found my hands quit hurting as well! started with 4 a day, maintenance 2 a day after a month.

wrist support - sheepkeeper

[ In Reply To ..]
I went ahead and looked online - found a brand that seemed to be the favorite of MTs and ordered them, then came back to this site and saw that a couple of you have replied saying to get the same brand I ordered - Softflex - how funny! Thank you everyone - i hope these help take the edge off especially in my right wrist and forearm which is what's giving me the most problems. TTFN!!!

Similar Messages:

S/l MOFO Brace For A Right Foot Brace.
Jul 19, 2010

x ...

Brace Yourself
Mar 09, 2014

Sunday paper business section breezily informs that this spring, corporations are flush with cash and we should expect many "acquisitions" of smaller companies as they seek to grow even larger and enrich their stockholders.  Turn out the lights when you leave, plz?   ...

Orthopedics Brace
Jun 29, 2010

Good morning!  Look for the correct spelling of Lavine brace ... is it lavine, Lavine, levine, Levine?  Child has Osgood-Schlatter's and doc wants to brace him up.  ...

Ankle Brace
Aug 10, 2010

Spider ankle brace or Spyder ankle brace? ...

Lowboy Brace
Dec 01, 2010

The patient has a Lisfranc injury.  I think he's saying lowboy in reference to a short walking boot because he does stuff like that and I can't document a lowboy brace but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks! ...

Ortho Brace
Dec 08, 2010

Anyone heard of a "TP" brace?? ...

Orthopedics - Brace
Apr 05, 2011

Patient with bibasilar thumb arthritis.  A s/l 282 brace discussed.  She wants to hold off. Thank you in advance. ...

Knee Brace
Apr 07, 2011

Patient with patellar subluxation and patellofemoral pain.  She was given a S/L Maraklumping brace for support. Thanks  in advance. ...

Wrist MRI
Feb 22, 2012

There is ____________of the scaphoid at the attachment of the scapholunate ligament with a subtle tear not being able to be excluded.  There is mild dorsal __________ of the lunate.  There is irregularity of the triangular fiber cartilage without frank tear and _________.   MRI demonstrated degenerative changes at the 1st carpometacarpal and scaphotrapezial joint. She has cystic changes versus fluid in the scapholunate interval. There is s/l ***in-stig-nus**** of the scaphoid a ...

MRI Wrist
May 16, 2012

The wrist has marrow edema, joint effusion and an intra-articular body.  Differential considerations include RA and s/l "indurin" infection. ...

Scrotal Support S/l Support "T"
Feb 13, 2012

For surgical scrotal support, doctor says " a scrotal supportee was left in place."  I have googled this, looked in Stedmans GI/GU, surgical and equipment books.  Cannot find.    I would like to think scrotal supporting, but she definitely says "a".  Has anyone heard of this? Thanks.  ...

S/l Alice Neck Brace???
Oct 23, 2009

or maybe Ellis ?? Allis ???? it is a L2-3 injury ...

Brace For Infant With Hip Dysplasia
Sep 07, 2010

Dictated "sima" brace - spells, but unsure if this is Sima or SIMA.  Does anyone know?  I am having no luck finding this.   Thanks.   ...

S/l Tore Off Ankle Brace
Nov 16, 2010

We discussed wearing a s/l tore off ankle brace to improve her gait. TIA.   ...

Is Halo Brace Capitalized?
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks ...

Knee Brace With S/l Stathe
Dec 15, 2010

Place her in a knee brace with s/l stathe or stay(th) ...

Zilla Brace ?? Psm For Context
Oct 17, 2011

Patient with aphthous stomatitis.  Recommended Miracle Mouthwash and a trial of s/l zilla brace.  Thanks. ...

S/l Cockup Wrist
Oct 18, 2009

The patient is still having significant problems with regard to her left wrist. A [cockupwrist] was applied for such.     He might be saying .. 'dressing' where I think I hear wrist.. and its a K sound (or c) at the beginning, but I've gone through my list of dressings and nothing seems to fit.   any ideas?   tia :) ...

Wrist X-ray / Spine
Mar 01, 2010

X-ray findings were obtained and reviewed today.  These demonstrate a solid fusion of his distal radius with excellent consolidation of all his carpal bones.  His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself; the "dairy J"? appears to be well-preserved.  There is callus formation over the radius. Please HELP!!!! "Dairy J" ...

Exam Of Right Wrist Please Sm
Oct 16, 2011

She has a negative Finkelstein's test and negative s/l Baylor's grind test.  Thanks!! ...

Wrist Compartments
Jun 20, 2012

First dorsal compartment of the wrist or 1st dorsal compartment of the wrist? Also, when did intra-articular change to intraarticular? ...

Brace Or Splint That Sounds Like Cathelene
Dec 16, 2011

Ortho report, The patient is given a removable ______ (cathelene) wrist, hand long to wear.  ...

Orthopaedic Humerus Fracture Brace Name
Apr 17, 2012

Right proximal humerus fracture   On evaluation, she does have a ____ brace that is positioned well with her arm in neutral alignment. She is complaining of it cutting into her wrist. of course he changes his mind in the middle of the word and the best I can do is say that is sounds like "a strike stone".  Any ideas???  I don't think it is Stryker unless it is Stryker zone or something like that.... Thank you!! ...

Wrist/hand Pain
Nov 18, 2009

I am a new MT and have only been working a couple of weeks but loving it!  I was just wondering if any of you seasoned MTs out there remembered having hand and wrist pain when you first started?  With the increased amount of typing that I have been doing all day long every day, I find that my hands and wrists hurt when I am doing other things.  I am not talking about being sore, which I expected until I get use to all the typing, but actual stabs of pain when I move them certain w ...

Test For Wrist And Elbows
Apr 28, 2010

s/l janel or genel test. I cannot find this kind of test in my word books. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Pt Is S/p Wrist Arthrotomy With Synovectomy. Please Sm
May 01, 2010

Plan:  We have recommended occupational therapy for modality treatments, s/l BTE strengthening for pronation and supination.   ...

Wrist Fusion Question Sm
Jun 09, 2011

He is not tender along the s/l "course of his plate", especially anterior, posterior, medial, lateral. Thanks. ...

Balar (?) Joint Of The Wrist
Jul 07, 2011

The patient has a painful wrist and the doc says what sounds like "balar" joint.  I've never heard of it and looked up joints and bones and just cannot find this.  Sentence is:  She is tender along the _____ joint on the left wrist. ...

Keyboard Wrist Rest
Jul 20, 2011

I cannot type without a wrist rest for my keyboard. I had a good one and cannot replace it as they no longer make it.  Can anyone suggest a good one?  My old one was 19" long and about 2" deep. Thanks so much! ...

Wrist Fusion Question, Sm
Mar 31, 2012

doc says:  He does describe some discomfort over the intersections.  On the pressure or palpation over this does not seem to accentuate this. I am assuming it is intersections and not inner sections.  Also, he says this like it is one big sentence, but doesn't make sense to me that way.  Your opinion on the sentence structure.  Thanks! ...