A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l 'case preference' on neuro exam - More info in message

Posted: Jan 08, 2010

It's a patient with with severe global aphasia. He dictates the following:

Cranial nerves, of course she cannot cooperative to measure and test visual fields. She has some spontaneous extraocular motility, and overall, most important, I did not see any **s/l 'case preference' **  He goes on to say there is no nystagmus. She does have a right central facial palsy.

s/l'case preference' - kmb

[ In Reply To ..]
The word is gaze preference. Some people who have strokes do not pay attention at all to one side of thier body.

Thank you. :) - QA came back with that as well.

[ In Reply To ..]
And it's going in my big bag 'o' tricks for future reference.

Similar Messages:

Neuro Exam Help And Thanks
Oct 30, 2009

Her deep tendon reflexes are (1-2)(+) in the brachial s/l "ray alis", biceps, Achilles, and patellar tendons, and symmetric.   thanks! ...

Neuro Exam Sm
Nov 07, 2009

Cranial nerves II-XII grossly intact except for left facial s/l nerve lesion on central pathology. Does this make sense? ...

Neuro Physical Exam - Thanks!
Jan 26, 2010

Disks sharp on funduscopy.  Cranial nerves 2-12 intact.  No signs of appendicular s/l "cori ditosis", dysmetria, ataxia.  Reflexes were 1/4 bilaterally with no asymmetries.    thanks.  ...

Neuro Exam: S/l Iperarays
Jan 26, 2011

I feel like I should know this but I don't.  During the neuro exam, doc says: "Patient's smile and s/l "eye-per-ar-rays" or "hyper-ar-rays" are symmetrical." Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. ...

Neuro Exam Word Help. Please SM
Apr 29, 2015

NEUROLOGIC:  The patient is alert.  She really is nonverbal.  She makes occasional vocalization.  She has a lot of  _______________ (s/l hand datontism).  She is intermittently holding up her left with her left finger, but is easily distracted from this activity. ...

Neuro Exam Or Extremities? Sm
Jun 22, 2015

When the doctor dictates about the gait and tandem gait, do you leave that under extremities if he dictates it there?  He usually says it at very end of physical exam, and I am unsure if he just forgot to dictate "NEUROLOGICAL" heading or what.  Sometimes he does dictate a NEUROLOGICAL heading and puts the gait there as well as other things, but then many times he dictates it at end of extremities and does not give separate heading.  What would be the appropriate thing to do in th ...

Neuro Exam- Babinski Or Brudzinski?
Mar 17, 2010

He says-   No s/l "vavinski" sign.  Does he mean Babinski or Brudzinski?? ...

S/l Fencer's Sign In Neuro Exam
May 22, 2010

Neuro exam/reflexes, dictator says "she almost has s/l fencers sign"   ...

Neuro Exam - Lassig? And Bow String?
Sep 30, 2011

In the neuro exam it sounds exactly like Lassig and neg bow string bilaterally.  I cannot find either. ...

Neuro Exam--brisk Tone?
Jul 23, 2012

Dictated on Neuro Exam:  "Although she had no clonus, her tone was extremely brisk."  I have typed Neuro for a long time and have never heard of brisk tone.  Thanks in advance! ...

Neuro Exam - Head-to-shin Movements?
Jun 30, 2010

She very clearly dictates:  He was also unable to perform finger-to-nose and had difficulty performing "head-to-shin" movements. That can't be right, can it?  I would think it would be difficult for most people to perform "head-to-shin" movements.  Ouch! ...

Okay, Stupid Question Here ... Neural Deficit Or Neuro Deficit On Physical Exam
Jun 22, 2010

Thanks so much!! ...

Neuro Exam, Negative Pronator Drift, Negaive S/l "smitri" Test TIA
Mar 12, 2010

xxx ...

Ma ScoIn NEURO Exam: "Glasgow Core Eyes 4, Verbal 5, And Motor 6. "
Feb 01, 2011

:) ...

On Neuro Exam: Pretty Clearly Says "pal Pupil" Raise Is Symmetric. Tongue Protrusion Is
Apr 13, 2011

Shoulder shrug is symmetric.  Romberg is negative.  He has no dysmetria.  ...

Neuro Exam Extremities S/l "slashsisty"
Jan 13, 2011

Patient with cerebral palsy.  On the neuro exam, the ES doc (what else??) says:  "This patient has mild s/l "slashsisty" in both legs.  I was thinking of some kind of dystrophy, but I don't know what the "slash" part could possibly be. Any ideas? ...

Reference Preference
Dec 02, 2010

I am new to MTStars and am currently enrolled as a MT student working toward completing an AAS degree. I am in my 6th quarter and starting to transcribe documents and reports in all the different fields. This week our transcription class discussion was centered around different reference resources and guides and I was wondering what are some of the favorites that are actually used by experienced MTs. I have never worked in a medical profession and making a huge transition after becoming una ...

Stedmans's - CD Or Book? What's Your Preference?
Dec 01, 2011

I'm in a position where I really need to break down and get other Stedman's besides my trusty Oncology Words.  What is everyone's preference - Stedman's on CD or the printed version/book? I'm thinking for me it will be beneficial time-wise to have it on CD.  Any thoughts?   Thanks in advance ;) ...

Preference? Nuance Or Precyse?
Jul 22, 2013

I'm taking a short poll.  You don't have a job at all.  You have 2 offers; Nuance and Precyse.  Based on your OVERALL opinion of both companies, one word answers please, Nuance or Precyse?  Thanks. ...

Font And Background Color Preference
May 27, 2014

I am wondering if anyone has a preference to the colors.  My eyes burn terribly and I get a really bad headache about halfway through my shift.  The place I used to work for was in-house and had all their transcription computers set so the font was white and the background was dark blue.  Wonding of this is meant to be easier on the eyes?  ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

OK Doc...sss Nn N C End Case,, Really?
Mar 07, 2012

I know exactly what you mean but I dont know the exact wording so now I have to go back and look at old reports and try and figure it out..and then make a shortcut for it cause you always talk like a dumbass...If you would talk like a human you would find your reports get done faster and more accurately.. Do they realize that we type over 100 different doctors on any given day or do they really think we are their personal transcriptionists..Someone needs to tell them how to talk..These companie ...

Into The K? End Of The Case?
Jan 24, 2013

I don't think there is a k in the renal arteries. I just can't understand what he is saying.   Confirmatory angiography s/l  --into the k --showed wide patency of the renal arteries and excellent run-off with both hypogastrics patent. ...

Serious Case Of Bunout
May 10, 2012

I know I'm fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work from home, but I have a serious case of bunout!  I've been trascribing for 25 years and have been looking for another career after recently graduating.  In the meantime, I have to transcribe.  Anyone have any techniques they use to overcome burnout?  It seems it takes all I have lately to sit in my chair and transcribe, and I hate feeling this way!   ...

In My Case, Is Becoming An MT Worth It?
May 29, 2013

I read this message board from time to time but have never posted but am looking for advice.  Last fall I lost a full time job at a bank - which caused me to sincerely doubt my self-confidence as an employee. I then started the career step MT program and am currently about 60% compete. I recently applied and accepted a job at a local, very busy gift/general merchandise store. I like the job. It pays $9 per hour and is about 30 hours a week. There aren't any benefits.  I believe I ...

Just In Case Anyone Is Interested...
Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!   ...

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

Just In Case There Was Any Doubt
Dec 21, 2014

Spoke to someone last night that had a friend fired for Christmas. Not a transcriptionist, but a medical biller in Florida..Their work was outsourced to Pakistan..And to add insult to injury her company actually tried to tell her she had to stay and train her replacement..This is the future of anything medical, and probably anything that can be done from a remote location.. ...

Neuro Help
Dec 11, 2009

doc says "Jergens syndrome" very clear .. can't verify anywhere! ...

KS OT Case In Texas: MTSO Has To Pay
Nov 11, 2009

There's a post buried below regarding overtime and a case lost by Keystrokes in Texas.  A KS poster (probably the owner) states "It is a lie".  It's not a lie.  Here's the publicly accessible truth. The link for the original charges is listed below this post.  The Final Judgment 6/19/09 is below and states that all Keystrokes employees must be informed.  These files are open to the public to view. -------------------------------------------------------- ...