A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

thyroid eye signs? nm - Tracey

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

nm

see inside, proptosis - bunion

[ In Reply To ..]
â€Â˘Protrusion of one or both eyeballs.

â€Â˘Puffy, swollen eyelids.

â€Â˘Gritty, burning, irritated eyes that frequently water.

â€Â˘Diplopia (double vision).

â€Â˘Decreased vision, often following reduced brightness of colors.

â€Â˘Redness and swelling of the conjunctiva, the thin layer covering the white part of the eye.

â€Â˘Difficulty in completely closing the eyelids, especially while sleeping.

â€Â˘The most common eye sign in Graves’ disease is proptosis, in which the eyes appear to bulge outward. This finding is present in 70 – 90% of cases of thyroid eye disease. The swelling that causes proptosis is due to collections of fluid, fat, and inflammatory cells.

Similar Messages:

Thyroid
Oct 28, 2010

Under Past Medical History s/l secy thyroid syndrome Can't find a reference.  Help if you can. Thanks! ...

Thyroid .... Carcinoma
Dec 19, 2009

I've got a muffle-mouth doctor who has the following sentence. Any help? Thanks much. She had undergone a total thyroidectomy for (fleet) to a carcinoma. ...

Thyroid Curitis?
Feb 01, 2010

There there such a medical term as "thyroid curitis'? and if so, is that two separate words or one word or hypenated? ...

Thyroid Nodule
Jul 27, 2010

......thyroid nodule positive for erthal cells but noncancerous can anyone help with  type of cell? ...

Thyroid Lobectomy
Aug 15, 2010

Doctor says the recurrent laryngeal nerve was restimulated showing good function of the nerve and s/l "aryxta." ...

Thyroid? Maschesteses?
Aug 24, 2010

Hi :) Transcribing something that sounds like... THYROID:  There was no tenderness, and (maschesteses???) are symmetrical without mass or lymphadenoapthy. Any ideas?  :) ...

Nitro Thyroid?
Sep 06, 2010

The doctor is listing meds.  She does not say the woman has a history of thyroid problems.  She does have a history of angina, however.   She says the woman's medications include:  Nitro thyroid?  Is this a drug?  I can't find it anywhere.   Thanks in advance. ...

Thyroid Surgery
Jun 15, 2011

S/L skiba gland? ...

Thyroid... Please See Message
Mar 03, 2011

Pathologically, there are s/l carlets in sonography for what we see.    TIA ...

S/l D-TOR For Thyroid Replacement Given At 60 Mg 3 Grains
Mar 19, 2010

x ...

Thyroid/parathyroid Term
Nov 09, 2011

The differentiation into a cancer depends upon invasion and s/l high mo-TYE-ack activity which are both absent.   I don't know if it is one word or two.  Thanks for any suggestions.   ...

Thyroid Dimensions S/l Maximum Dimension
Jan 05, 2011

"...measuring 7 mm in s/l maximum dimension." ...

L Signs ??
May 06, 2011

Extraocular muscles intact.  (L signs) clear.  No wheezes  ...

Revandibrit Signs??
Oct 21, 2009

The patient has a UTI. "Abdomen is soft and non-tender. No revandabrit signs" revandibrit??? ...

No Signs Of New S/l Papilardiracteroid
Dec 07, 2009

No signs of new s/l papilardiracteroid.  Wounds are currently healing. ...

H & P Vital Signs:
Jan 25, 2011

Please help.....I know I've heard this before but am drawing a complete blank....On examination, temperature 97, blood pressure 139/73, heart rate 89, respiratory rate 16.  She is 93% s/l on rule _______.  She runs this and General Appearance together and I just can't get it.  Thank you so much for any help. ...

S/l Cut Signs Or Cussign?? See More...
Oct 05, 2011

Persistent cough with mild progressive dyspnea with advanced mass-like consolidation with (cut sign, cussign, cufsine) noted within right lung parenchyma.    This is an english-speaking doctor, very clear... ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Plus And Minus Signs
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone else have this rule with transcription?  I was told a while back and cannot remember where I heard it that you are not to use plus or minus signs anymore unless using them for actual math.  For example, positive bowel sounds instead of + bowel sounds, or +2 pedal edema should be plus-2 pedal edema. ...

Signs Job Outsourced
Aug 11, 2013

I have read the conversations here with such deep compassion for the fear and hopelessness most are experiencing in this transition from proud profession to extinction.  From my cocoon of full benefit hospital system position, I still deeply empathized with my fellow MTs in distress.  I have the sense that I will soon join your ranks and would like to ask what are the signs that your hospital/service is preparing to "save money" by throwing their dedicated employees into the giant cess ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Vital Signs Question
Jul 18, 2010

Sometimes one of my doctors will just state the numbers when giving vital signs.  Just wonder how some of you handle this? ...

Is There A Short Cut To Remove All @ Signs At Once?
Oct 26, 2010

. ...

Tinel's And <sickleseen?> Signs ?
Apr 12, 2012

I have a doctor who, under the neurological exam section, says, Deep tendon reflexes were intact.  Tinel's and <s/l sickelseen> signs were both negative. Romberg was negative..." Thanks to anyone who might have a clue! ...

Abbreviation In Vital Signs Of The PE
Aug 31, 2012

She could also be saying any other phonetically similar letters. There is nothing else listed under the vitals, so its probably a generic "all negative" term.  (Afebrile, Stable Vital Signs...something else)   This dictator is one of those where the who PE is abbreviations.   Thanks ...

In Vital Signs. S/l Askum 54 Cm.
Sep 29, 2012

In vital signs of a neurological exam of 8yo boy.  s/l  askum 54 cm. ...

Signs Your Job Interview Is Tanking:
Aug 14, 2013

These all happened to me: Your interview keeps getting rescheduled, and rescheduled. The interviewer walks out into the lobby to greet you, and appears disappointed/less-than-enthused. Your interview is conducted not just by one or two people, but by an intimidating group of 4 or 5 glowering, power-suit-clad men & women, in a huge board room.  Donald Trump begins to come to mind.  ("You're NOT hired!") Worse, your interview is conducted in a cubbyhole under t ...

Semicolons In Vital Signs???
Nov 05, 2013

Since when are vital signs separated by semicolons?  Did I miss something??? My feedback - VITAL SIGNS:  Blood pressure is 183/111; pulse is 88;88, respiratory rate 18;18, temperature 97;97, oxygen 96%.96.   ...

So Now ASR Is Messing Up The Vital Signs
Dec 29, 2013

Not putting in the temperature at all, no matter how clear it is dictated. Messing up the sequence of the rest and the measurements..this is beyond annoying ...

What's The Point Of Spark When The TSM Never Signs In?
Feb 10, 2014

She's not available on email, she's not signed into Spark and she doesn't answer her phone, or she's off on vacation. This happens day in, day out. ...