A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

auto correct in word 2010 - from below post - 1mt

Posted: Feb 12, 2011

I copied and pasted my auto correct from Word 2002 from my desktop onto my laptop Word 2010.  I can see the file there but when I open auto correct, only some, very few, of the entries are there.  I have three auto correct files on my desktop and tried copying/pasting all of them into my laptop, but still only some of the entries are on my laptop.  What am I doing wrong or is there something I have to do on my laptop to activate all .acl files?  Thanks.

auto correct - feeling stupid - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually now need to get my auto TEXT entries from word 2002 copied to my word 2010. I successfully copied my auto correct already. I have tried to research as to what file they are saved in, but no luck in finding the correct file. Does anyone know how to transfer auto text entries from word 2002 desktop to word 2010 laptop? TIA.

autotext - typetypetypeaway

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that autotext entries are in the normal.dot file. I know for Word 2000 that is where they are. I usually copy those two files to a flash drive. I use the Files search for folders to find it and copy that and .acl to the flash drive. Take a look...if that is not the case then maybe some other poster can help.

Similar Messages:

Word 2010 Auto Text
May 28, 2011

I had entered MANY auto text entries a couple months ago and now they are all gone.  Is there a way to search for them or recover them?  This is a laptap that is new to me, as is word 2010, but I did manage to figure out how to enter all these auto texts, and now they're just gone.  I know that they did save initially because I used them, but now haven't been on the laptop for quite some time and they are all gone.  Any ideas what happened? ...

How To Use MS WORD Auto Correct Within Winscribe???
May 04, 2011

Does anyone know how to use MSWord auto correct when in side the winscribe system?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.   Thank you so much.   Gloria ...

Auto-correct As A Word Expander
Jun 09, 2011

I use auto-correct as a word expander.  It works well for my account and company.  I am looking to see if anyone knows of a place that I can go to and get more ideas of additional abbreviations.  I have created my own thus far, but there has to be some other ideas for other words and phrases.  I am also looking for how to backup auto-correct in case heaven forbid my computer goes down.  TIA :) ...

Word Auto Correct Question
Sep 24, 2011

Not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, if not please forgive.  I need to know if anyone out there knows in Word how to auto correct format (-year-old or -month-old).  I just can't remember how to do it, as it has been so long.  I would appreciate any help out there.  Thanks! ...

Auto Correct In Word 2003
Oct 15, 2011

Hi . Can anyone please tell me how to make an auto correct entry in Word 2003 for -year-old with a backspace? ...

Word 2010 - Change My Font And Spacing In Word 2010
May 09, 2015

I have to change my font and spacing in Word 2010. How do you change it so that it takes the settings for every document I create. I want it defaulted to Times New Roman and it keeps bringing up Calibri. Thanks for any help! ...

Please Help Me With Auto Correct....
Jan 22, 2010

It is suddenly not working. Is there some way it can get turned off?  Thanks. ...

DQS Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

How do you turn off auto correct in DQS. Starting a new job Monday and plan on using SH so do not want the Auto Correct.  Job not at MQ. Seems I've come full circle since working at home. Started out with a compahy bought by MQ, using DQS. Left and now back using it again 7-8 years later.  Not sure if that is good or bad. Thanks for the help. ...

Turning Off Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Auto Correct. Will be starting a new job Monday and using SH, not Auto Correct.  Thanks! ...

Question Regarding Auto Correct
Feb 10, 2011

Is it possible to transfer/copy/move my auto correct entries from my Windows XP (2002 or 2003) desktop to my Windows 2010 laptop?  TIA very much.  ...

Transfer My Auto Correct
Oct 01, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my auto corrects from my computer to the computer of my employer? ...

Auto Correct Files (please Don't Yell At Me)
Feb 07, 2010

I recently posted that I was finally done with the Q and hired by another company.  True, dat.  However, I forgot this one little thing. . .my auto corrects.  I rely on them extensively and it will set me back a bunch if I have to start all over again. I'll bet I've seen and read the instructions on how to do this a dozen times here at MT Stars. Now when I go back 3 months in the archives to find these how-to's, besides going cross-eyed and giving myself a headache ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Is Auto-Correct A Sufficient Expander For EScription? Do I Need
Dec 02, 2009

If I do need Shorthand, is the $29 one-year trial of it okay, or do I need to get the $99 permanent license? ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

Moving Saved Auto Correct Entries To New Computer
Nov 09, 2010

the new computer is vista with word 2007. the old computer ran XP with word 2000. i have backed the auto correct entries up on a jump drive but cant figure out how to install in word 2007, any ideas? also need to download a new spell checker or figure out how to get the old one from word 2000, as I cant find the CD where I orginally installed stedmans. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Instant Text And Auto Correct Are Compatible With Enterprise Express Editor?
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone know if Instant Text and auto correct are compatible with Enterprise Express Editor? Thanks for any responses! ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Word 2010 - Is It Possible To Still Buy A DVD?
Feb 13, 2015

I am looking for Microsoft office with word 2010. Is it possible to still buy a DVD? All I can find are downloads and I am a little hesitant to do it this way. ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Windows 7 Word And Auto Texts
Mar 02, 2012

I finally need to breakdown and get a new computer system.  I tried out my husband's Mac for transcription but it wasn't right for me.  Does anyone know if Windows 7 Word has the auto text feature?  I can't function without it.  Thank you so much! Gio ...

Having To Migrate To Word 2010
Dec 10, 2010

Anyone have any problems migrating to Word 2010 from 2000?  Want to upgrade to finally step into the new decade but had problems migrating my AutoText in 2007.  Anyone have problems and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks   ...

Autotext Word 2010
Aug 24, 2011

Does anyone know if Word 2010 has autotext, I can't seem to find it.  Thanks ...

NEED MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Sep 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I can get MS Word 2007 or 2010 CHEAP?  The company I am hiring on with requires these versions.  Can't be the student or home versions either.  I have upgraded my computer to their requirements and that cost me an arm and a leg and now I need to get the correct MS Word program installed.  I simply can't afford much.  I've been without work too long in this rapidly declining profession I've been in for 30 years.  I'm ki ...

Word 2010 And Columns
Oct 01, 2013

When working with Word 2010 and 2 columns how to type in the first one independent of the 2nd column. ...

MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Apr 13, 2014

I need to purchase this online with an instant download but all the different sites are so confusing and I'm afraid to get scammed.  Has anyone ever had to download this and where did you get it from? Help please! ...

Word 2010 Question
May 13, 2014

I hope someone out there can help me with this.  Thanks to Microsoft no longer supporting XP I now have a new computer and a new Word 2010 program.  Does anyone out there know how to disable superscript ( for instanct March 12th) when it makes the "th" small and up high.  Also, does anyone know how to turn off the fraction thing where it messes up the way I type the fractions?  Thanks in advance.  I have looked everywhere for these...  ...