A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

His vision is decreaed, bilateral distance (s/l "mellen") ___ is 20/30, left is 20/30 and - oldmtmt

Posted: Mar 17, 2011

Snellen? - Raine59

[ In Reply To ..]
as in the Snellen eye chart?

mellen...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
A Snellen chart is an eye chart used by eye care professionals and others to measure visual acuity.

THANK YOU both so much! I was stumped...!! :) /nm - olmtmt

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Pt With Brain Cancer In Left Pons, The Right "bu Tane Um" And Bilateral
Dec 08, 2010

:) ...

Bilateral Groin Or Bilateral Groins, Which One Is Correct? Nm
Jun 10, 2013

nm ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Vision Help
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:   Cataract, left eye, reducing vision to 20/50, -1.   I have never had a vision given with a negative digit. Is this right? TIA!!! ...

3.5 X 23 Vision
May 26, 2011

Need correct format for this - Dr. dictates "I did angioplasty and stenting to his mid RCA with a 3.5 x 23 vision and placed 2.5 x 12 vision to his first diagonal and his EF was about 35%, a 50%.  He dictates it "3523 vision" and "2512 vision".  TIA! ...

UHC Vision
Jul 30, 2012

Trying to log in to my UHC vision details on the myuhc website.  They need my subscribers unique id number.  Anybody know which one that is and where I can find it?  I tried to relog into the open erollment page, but I no longer have the email for that and can't remember what my username and password should be and it won't accept my info when I click on forgotten username and password link.  ...

Long Distance Carriers
Nov 23, 2009

I was wondering what long distance carriers are used.  I'm using ATT home right now and it's very expensive.  I bought a majic jack but it doesn't work with a dictaphone.  Big-time bummer.  Any suggestions?  Thanks ...

Distance Runner X-ray - S/l Bone-ile
Sep 14, 2010

x-ray of long distance runner - "There is minimal s/l bone-ile in the fibula distally, but no other bony lesions appreciated. ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

Vision - Is It 20/20 Or 2020.
Apr 25, 2013

I'm finding it both ways.  Unsure if one or both are correct. ...

Unlimited Long Distance - MagicJack
Nov 19, 2009

I dial in on a Dictaphone for up to 8 hours per day.  It is not a continuous connection but I do dial back in to the system around 10 times per day.  I am currently using Vonage but I wanted to find out if any other transcriptionists use the MagicJack - and if so, how well does it work?  Would anyone recommend it?  Thanks! ...

Reliascript - Unlimited Long Distance For EMR? Sm
Oct 18, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Reliascript? They are asking for unlimited long distance for EMR-- do they mean landline? I thought everything was Internet based now? ...

Typing Vision Values
Feb 22, 2010

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows how to type out when the doc says "20/70 minus" for a vision value???? I can't find how to format it anywhere.. Input much appreciated! Nicole ...

Mild And Primitive Near Vision
Mar 19, 2012

any suggestions?  Vision screen:  sounds like "Mild and primitive near vision"  thanks! ...

I Read That The Vision Insurance
May 30, 2012

will now cover LASIK.  Has anyone been able to figure out how much it will cover?  TIA ...

Coding Classes Through A Distance Learning Program
Aug 01, 2010

I work full-time as an MT and take coding classes through a distance learning progam, I'm about half way through and have just started to learn coding; first inpatient, then outpatient.  My MT job is good now, on-site with plenty of work and good pay, but we are moving to EPIC and VR and job cuts are imminent within the next year or so.  I am thinking ahead to coding jobs, though, and recently applied for a medical records clericial position where a small amount of coding would be involv ...

C Phone With Portable Unlimited Long Distance
Jun 23, 2013

I currently work for a hospital on the West Coast and I'm in Georgia.  I use a C phone to connect and have Vonage for ULD at home.  My question is I'm trying to get ULD portable.  I want to be able to go off for the weekend without having to ask off work.  I want to be able to take my ULD with me anywhere I go but obviously has to have phone jacks to plug up the C phone.  Verizon has something that would work I think but the complaints are voice quality and I c ...

Occupational Therapy Brake Distance Tests
Aug 20, 2013

she is saying point 7/8ths of a second. I got this far "0.7/8th of a second" just doesnt look right.. ...

Does Magic Jack Unlimited Long Distance Work With C-phone?
Aug 25, 2010

Vonage or has anyone successfully used Magic Jack with a local number for C-phone? ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Review Of Systems - Patient Has Some Blurring Of The Vision
Jan 08, 2013

EYES: The patient has some blurring of the vision, but denies any ______ or diplopia. It sounds like " emmerosa fluidacts"  I can't find the missing words or anything close. Please help!! ...

She Also Describes Having Increasing S/l Discolor With Vision Because Of Cataracts And Prior Eye Sur
Jun 25, 2010

She also describes having increasing s/l discolor with vision because of cataracts and prior eye surgery. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Bilateral ?
Sep 24, 2012

He will receive an endocrine consultation and get appropriate labs due to his young age and bilateral s/l "skiffies"  ? Note:  Procedure is BILATERAL SLIPPED CAPITAL FEMORAL EPIPHYSIS.  Thanks.  ...

Please Help: S/l My/la/sia Of Bilateral Shoulders
May 24, 2010

dictator listed this earlier in reference to shoulder pain and now says it again in diagnoses.    S/l mylaysias or myelasias involving bilateral upper extremity, involving bilateral shoulders.  ...

Pt Had Bilateral Myringoplasties. Doc Says "both
Aug 19, 2010

x ...

In The HEENT Exam: Bilateral TMs S/l FOR
Nov 26, 2010

Doc says Bilateral TMs s/l FOR or OR. Any ideas?   ...

Bilateral Axillary S/l Psudenectomies
Jan 21, 2011

patient has hyperhidrosis. plastic surgeon plans to perform "bilateral axillary s/l psudenectomies" google wont come up with anything...tia ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...