A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Walk a mile in my NJA - Why is it that those who have

Posted: Sep 17, 2011

never experienced NJA accuse us of being lazy or not willing to work on other accounts? Never fails to amaze me how easy it is for those with "great CCMs, never experiencing NJA because accounts seldom out of work" to assume that WE are the ones not doing something right.

ive walked in your NJA shoes - blisters

[ In Reply To ..]
Some people dont get it, but they will eventually. They are just doing it region, by region. When it hits them, they will understand.

been there too - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I ended up losing my benefits because I was unable to get my 39 hours in for 2 weeks in a row due to NJA. I was there and available during my shift but there was no work routing to me. My CCM told me that everything was current and there were no helper pools available even though looking at the backlogs I knew there was work- they just were not routing it to me. I certainly am not lazy and I was willing to work on other accounts, any account for that matter. As far as I am concerned the RTLs determine who gets work and who doesn't and apparently somehow I ended up on the %$#@ list.

NJA Queen - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup.... the day my account "disappeared" with no warning I figured was the beginning of the FINAL end for me. My CCM said there were other accounts that needed help, by then I'd 'bout had it and left for another job I had been offered and more $$$$. I think anyone who is making above minimum wage ends up on the #@%& list!

You should NOT be losing your benefits due to NJA - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
If you choose to be released w/o pay your CCM has to enter that on your timecard. Then you are NOT required to make up the time and they cannot take your benefits. THAT IS ILLEGAL.

I know they are going to get rid of us all sooner rather than later, but we can't let them get away with this s$*t in the meantime!

who can afford to be released? - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I chose to make up my time but there was no work to do. I also got my hand slapped the first week because I was working outside my schedule trying to make up hours. I was out of PTO and I couldn't afford to go without pay. The benefits weren't that good anyway and if nothing else it gave me the nudge I needed to step up the job search.
I do agree that the benefits SUCK, but the point - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
I was making to the other poster was that MQ was doing something illegal (what's new) in taking her benefits (such as they are) for NJA.

I too got a nasty email and phone call after I tried to make up hours after NJA. I then told her I couldn't afford to lose my medical benefits (such as THEY are) so I NEED to get in my FT hours. To which she actually told the truth and said not to worry, can't lose benefits for not making hours IF (and only if) it is because of NJA. She said you can take time off w/o pay (which STILL SUCKS), but they cannot take away benefits.
But with no work how can you AFFORD the - premiums?
[ In Reply To ..]
??
If you need to - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
make up hours, you have to do it outside your shift. Your CCM needs her hand slapped. I make up hours outside my shift all the time, as told to do by my CCM. When else are you supposed to do it?

Walk a mile in my NJA - kittycat

[ In Reply To ..]
We also have to understand there are employees out there who have been with MQ for a long time and have worked with CCM's who have been supervisors and/or whatever they used to call them before CCM. I know of at least 3 employees who are favorites and get the jobs who have been with the original supervisors/directors when they had regional offices. One of the CCM's is not doing their job, but are protected no matter what.

Similar Messages:

Help! 100-mile-an-hour Resident! S/l BE (is That Barium Enema?) Examination For Colovesical Fistula
Sep 10, 2010

.. ...

Walk-Out On May 1st? Is Anyone Actually Doing This?
Apr 26, 2012

What's this I hear about a Walk-out/Sick-out on May 1st?  Just curious if anyone's actually doing this or is it just wishful thinking ...   ...

We Need To Do A Walk Out.
Apr 16, 2013

I know we see these once in a while,  think we need to shake up things, maybe it will show we are fed up with how we have been treated, our livelihood dismantled, it will get attention. Not enough people in India to do it all! yet!  I think a Monday would be a good day. ...

About To Walk
Jan 28, 2015

I am one of the few straight typing MTs left in the company.  I came on board 3 years ago as a result of an acquisition.  The new policies starting at the beginning of 2015 are making it nearly impossible to do my job, almost as if they are trying to force me out.  Seriously.  I am struggling like I never have, and I have been doing this job for more than 2 decades.  Now, we have been told we will also be required to work in Fluency.  Judging from the comments, this ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away
Mar 10, 2010

To all the wonderful MTs out there, just turn off those computers and walk away.  Try to find another job first though, but do it.  I did and I am cannot believe what better companies there are out there.  I did send my supervisor an e-mail that I couldn't take it any longer and quit that day.  I was sorry I did that.  I never heard back from her, all I got were shipping labels and an snotty phone call about returning the computer.  I did return it in my own sw ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away Continued
Mar 11, 2010

Whether you are "making it" at MQ (and for the life of me I don't know how), that really isn't the issue.  MQ is treating his MTs like slaves and for a pittance.  They degrade you, monitor you, have supervisors who are tyrants, unnecessary meetings, more hoops than you can throw a stick at and guess what, they are going to send everything over to India.  There are not enough qualified MTs any longer to support these huge companies; just look at Spheris.  The higher ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Doc Says "walk And Tandem Gait Intact."
Jul 13, 2012

? ...