A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place& - Barb

Posted: Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF)

n/m got it! "Champy plate" - Barb

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m got it! "Champy plate"

Similar Messages:

Central Line Placement With Sea Of Blue, CO Blue, Seal Blue?
Aug 09, 2014

Doc is describing putting in a central line and says "Sea of blue/CO blue was used." Does anyone know what this is?? ...

Dental Surgery Term
Feb 04, 2014

It is for a broken mandible: "A "blue cheese" retractor was placed to aid visualization." TIA ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Dental Surgery - A *noctdramis*? *knocked Ramus*?
Dec 16, 2013

A small round diamond was used to equilibrate teeth numbers 3, 5, 13, 22, 20, and 29.  The area was again debrided and irrigated.  A *noctdramis*? *knocked ramus*? retractor was used to expose the anterior ascending ramus and a curved Kocher was used for retraction.   ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Blue Cross/Blue Shield Versus MQ HRA....
May 30, 2011

I'm considering dropping to PT from FT.  I guess I'll lose my medical benefits, such as it is.  I checked on the Blue Cross/BS site and for one of the "affordable" plans for an individual, the monthly premiums/deductibles, etc. are about the same.  At first I was thinking I couldn't afford to go to PT as I need medical benefits, but now I'm not so sure.  Has anyone dumped MQ's HRA from United and gone Blue Cross and are happy with it?  ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

Prepping For Surgery: "Arms Were Tucked In And The "s/l Drain Stops" Were In Place&q
Mar 28, 2012

x ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

Radiation Oncology, Patient Fitted With A "C Plus" Custom Head Rest.
Nov 17, 2010

:) ...

Anyone Heard Of "fitted" With Medications
Oct 18, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of "fitted" with medications. It is part of the hospital course.  It sounds exactly like that - "The patient was fitted with naproxen...." I've never heard of this and wondered if it makes sense to anyone.  Thanks, jm ...

Avant Plate?
Jan 13, 2010

The doctor says, "We are planning on doing an open reduction internal fixation with an s/l avant? plate.   Does that sound famililar?  Thanks.   ...

Calcaneal Plate
Oct 08, 2012

Is there a Synthes Tampa plate? I cannot find this anywhere. Help! ...

Tibia Plate Placed Over S/l Fisus
Nov 25, 2009

tia ...

Synthes S/l Letronel Plate
Jan 07, 2011

Can't make this out. It's a surgery for a fracture of the os calcis and he's applying a Synthes s/l letronel plate.  Help!! ...

Endplate Or End-plate Sclerosis? TIA
Dec 11, 2012

NM ...

Stryker *ocaval* Plate
Apr 26, 2013

The previous incision to the hip was once again utilized and the vastus lateralis split in its midline and separated from the underlying fracture. The fracture reduced beautifully and we were able to apply a Stryker *ocaval* plate with a trochanteric grip plate.Thanks for any help :) ...

Is It A Base Plate Or Baseplate As In
Nov 24, 2014

thanks in advance ...

Base Plate Or Baseplate? Please
Jun 22, 2015

Google shows baseplate, all the QA examples have it as base plate.. ex. The tibia was exposed and a size 3 baseplate was placed ...

Does This Sound Correct? (recon Plate)
Jan 25, 2010

The patient is now about 4 weeks postoperative open reduction and internal fixation of his left clavicle **at the recon plate**. tia. ...

Ortho: S/l Paper And Pen Plate Bottoms
Feb 14, 2013

Talking about limitations of use of extremity. Sounds like pen and paper plate or site bottoms? Thanks! ...

Depuy "archimagenie Plate
Apr 02, 2014

every here of a depuy archimagenie plate for back surgery?   ...

Code Blue
Oct 15, 2009

It is transcribed Code Blue or code blue?  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Code Blue, CODE BLUE, Or Code Blue?
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks for help.  Brain doesn't seem to be working this morning ...

Medication S/l Blue + E + Moo
Mar 22, 2010

The doctor is prescribing a cream for a Baker cyst and inflammation on the thigh.  It sounds like "Blue + E + Moon".... Any ideas?  ...

Kyphan Blue
Jun 08, 2010

kyphan blue was injected into eye ...