A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

patient with colon cancer receiving treatment. - Laverne

Posted: Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C"

Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment.

assignment - no

[ In Reply To ..]
help with assignments not allowed here

Testing? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are testing for a job, you are better off not asking here because the company is obviously getting a feel for what you can do and what you can't. They are going to wonder how you did so great on the test but can't cut the mustard at work. Make sense?

If this is a school assignment, you may do well on the test, pass, but then not be able to pass a work test.

Almost like going around in a vicious cycle, no?

No, no, no I am not testing. - Laverne

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I have worked for this company for years. This is not a primary account for me; I'm just helping out over the weekend with this because they are backed up. I have never worked on an oncology account before and this is all foreign to me, especially since the doc is an ESL. Again, I apologize if I stepped out of bounds.
OH okay! - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, when you said "assignment" we got a little wiggy. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

Colon Cancer
Feb 23, 2010

Is it -- Dukes A Duke's A Dukes' A I find it all three ways.  Thanks for any help in clarifying. ...

Colon Cancer Status...
Jul 29, 2011

I can't quite understand this doctor...it sounds like she is describing this patient's colon cancer as "Y-type".  I can't find anything like that anywhere...any help would be soooo appreciated! ...

Medication Help Breast Cancer Treatment
Nov 04, 2009

patient with lumpectomy then double mastectomy. Medication s/l ven-mo-fax-ine or fem-mo-fax-ine HCL 25 mg q.i.d. times several months. She will be on this for 5 years total. Cannot find or figure. Googled "HCL 25 mg breast cancer" but didn't find anything too close. ...

Cancer Treatment S/l Florimbucil And Prednisone
Nov 20, 2009

thanks so much ...

Prostate Cancer Treatment...please See Message
Mar 02, 2011

He will receive a single dose of radiation to this hip and then he will receive either ipilimumab versus placebo and s/l alba-immunotherapy.  TIA ...

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

Cancer Treatment Centers Of America - Tulsa
Dec 01, 2011

The transcription service company that had this account was great, doctors great, but the client has two problem employees that run the show and can make life pretty miserable.  They want you to go by the AAMT BOS, but have hundreds of exceptions, which they do not inform you about.  Each time you go by the BOS but it doesn't make them happy, they rant in emails with exclamation marks about how you have been told hundreds of times before, when you never have be ...

Paraaortic Versus Periaortic Lymph Nodes In Cancer Treatment
Oct 21, 2009

This patient has prostate cancer, but somehow or other the paraaortic lymph nodes or periaortic lymph nodes are involved.  I have googled and found both spellings, but for the life of me I can't figure out which is correct.  "This showed a 1.6-cm retroperitoneal lymph node in the low pelvis anterior to the inferior vena cava suspicious for metastatic disease." There are so many lymph nodes in the body.  Even looking at an anatomy diagram, I can't figure this out. Help!! ...

MS Patient With Virus, Receiving Famvir, Has Multiple S/l "new Pocks" In The Brain On MRI.
Jan 07, 2010

:) ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient With Ovarian Cancer..sm
Apr 14, 2010

There are plaques that also remain on the ileum and s/*studying* on the small bowel.  There is no evidence of abdominal of diaphagmatic *studying*.  There is some small *studying* on the small bowel and upper abdomen.   Thanks so much for any help with this!   ...

Patient With Bladder Cancer. Will Be Getting A S/l CBX Implant.
Dec 26, 2009

TIA :-) ...

S/l Reed-ee Testes (patient With Testicular Cancer)
Oct 27, 2009

sentence:  There was also some incidentally identified intratubular germ cell neoplasia extending into _____ testes.  ...

Medication S/l Fluorescence-T - Lung Cancer Patient
Jan 25, 2010

--  Patient also with high blood pressure on atenolol and lisinopril...fluoresence-T and iron supplement and calcium.... ...

Patient Has A Strong Family History Of Breast Cancer With Her
Oct 29, 2009

brother positive for s/l "brach-a-dean". ...

Patient With Breast Cancer And HIV On Viracept, *settrus*, Famvir. Thanks. Nm
Sep 12, 2010

nm ...

S/L You-sahn - USON ?? -01001 Protocol........chemotherapy, Breast Cancer Patient.
Dec 04, 2009

thank you ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Only Receiving 1/2 Of A File
Jan 28, 2010

The doctor I work for, from his recorder into DSS software, can download a 47 minute DS2 file, but when he sends it to me....it is only 24 minutes, even though it is 9.5 MB.....any thoughts? ...

New Job And Receiving Attachments From Them
Aug 23, 2012

I'm preparing to start a new job and they emailed several attachments.  On opening them, the data is there in the middle of a bunch of garbled letters and symbols.  I was going to let it go and just delete the gargled stuff but this is ridiculous.  We thought having Microsoft office would help but it didn't.  I was hoping someone here would know what I need to do before I have to call them in the morning.  I would really like to fix this on my own but I can ...

Receiving Only A % Of Line Count??
Dec 04, 2009

Is it typical to only receive a percentage of your edited lines because "editing is faster and better" than straight transcription?  I am new to VR, but this seems odd to me. No wonder I am being paid a decent rate.  LOL  So, when I edit a 50-line report, I only receive 60% of that report.  I'm just curious if this across the board with all companies?? ...

Can The Q Can An Employee For Receiving Make-Up Pay
Sep 11, 2011

nm ...

Anyone Else Receiving ASR Reports With Blank Screens?
Oct 02, 2010

Lately I have been received jobs that are marked as being SR but the screen is blank, so have to hit F11, then type it...  Not a problem, just wondering why I am getting so many, had 7 last pay period and 2 tonight and only 2 hours into my shift.    Anyone else?  ...

Anyone Working For Precyse Is receiving NJA All Too Frequently?
May 03, 2011

Curious if anyone working for Precyse is receiving NJA all too frequently?  Lost work to international?  ...

Question About Receiving Andrews Books
Feb 15, 2015

When you sign up for Andrews, do they send you the books/supplies all at once?  Do you happen to know what method they use for sending, FedEx, USPS, etc. ...

He Is Receiving S/l Maxer Of Silver To The Left Heel Ulcer.....
Sep 22, 2010

n/m ...

Silent Type MTs - Will No Longer Be Receiving A Production Bonus
Jul 01, 2013

I don't remember being notified that we will no longer be receiving a production bonus with our twice a year audit. I'm not sure what else she can take away from us at this point. We have already had our PTO cut, PTO rate reduced, and now no bonus. Well, I suppose we could pay her to work there. Of course, this is JMO. ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...