A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bladder tumor, "cranial/clanial" to the rt orifice sm - Terri

Posted: Jun 18, 2015

There were two small areas of recurrence, each less than 1 cm, one in the right bladder wall, s/l "cranial/clanial" to the right orifice. 

He is stuttering/changing his mind, which makes it even worse. My first thought was clinging, but I hear "ial or eal" at the end.  Thanks! 

Maybe "craniocaudal" - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It doesn't have a enough syllables. Thx though! - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Cranial or craniad - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Craniad, in a cranial direction. Use whichever ending he did, al or ad.

Chapter 1 in A&P texts ... body planes and directions.

Similar Messages:

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

MYOPIC And Orifice In Hernia Repair Surgery
Nov 19, 2010

I am typing an op report on hernia repair.  MD says "Mesh was then brought out to cover the entire MYOPIC and the orifice." ...

Cranial Nerves.....
Nov 10, 2009

I'm thinking the BOS says that both ways are acceptable.... am I wrong?   Cranial nerves II through XII. Cranial nerves 2-12.     ...

Cranial Exam Help Please Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Cranial nerves intact.  Motor power symmetrical.  Normal gait.  Negative Romberg's test.  Normal cerebellar testing without dysmetria and dysdiadochokinesia.     Doc says "template neurologic normal.  Cranial nerves intact except for the hearing loss"  What part of this template would you take out.     This is a new doc for me.  Thanks ...

Maybe I'm Having Cranial Flatus....Retro-ly
Aug 04, 2011

I am doing an OP report that is not a strict verbatim and is able to be corrected to best English.  The dictator says:  Tibial guide retrocut was placed, drilled, and then reamed "retro-ly".  He stumbled around a bit before settling on "retro-ly" because he, too, knew that couldn't be correct, but he, like me, has blanked on what the heck it should be.  Plantar is plantarly, lateral is laterally....what does retro become?  Does it just get stretched out to retrograd ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...

Bladder Retractor
Jan 27, 2011

Sounds like "mandolin" bladder retractor in a retropubic midurethral sling placement. Can you help? ...

Basal Versus Basilar Cistern In Cranial CT
Nov 17, 2009

In a cranial CT I have always transcribed "basal" cistern, but in the report I have, the doctor clearly is stating "basilar" cistern.  The Stedman's electronic dictionary I have shows "basal" cistern also.  Can someone tell me which is correct, or are they interchangeable?  Thank you. ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Are Cranial Nerves No Longer Roman Numerals?
Feb 25, 2015

xx ...

In Cranial Nerve Exam Patient Has *cysgingeal* Hyperplasia?? Thanks. Nm
Apr 01, 2011

nm ...

S/l Bladder Angle Repair
Sep 03, 2010

doc is talking about surgical history ...

Bladder S/l Stem? Stim?
Jul 23, 2013

She does have a bladder (s/l stem? stim?) for diabetes-related neuropathy of the bladder, she describes.  Therefore, she has been unable to get an MRI. Pt is seeing a neurologist for movement disorder (shaking legs) and had gallbladder surgery. ...

Bladder Exam/cystoscopy
May 06, 2014

Thank you in advance for any help.   :)  I have an Indian urologist who is describing the bladder examination on cystoscopy and says,  "Occasional petechia are present.  No hornicles are seen."    Sounds like hornusuls, etc.   Uuuugh.  I've been transcribing for this doctor for a year and have never heard this although it sounds familiar from my medical background.   I know I'm going to slap my forehead when I get this.   :/  &n ...

Patient With Bladder Cancer. Will Be Getting A S/l CBX Implant.
Dec 26, 2009

TIA :-) ...

Help Frondular Bladder Mucosa? Or Frangular Or?
Aug 22, 2010

"frondular" bladder mass he says- cannot find frondular / frangular/ ??  does anyone know?  ...

What Kind Of Images Are Taken Of The Bladder And Kidneys?
Jan 13, 2011

Hello! :) I am typing a radiology report, and I can't make out what word is in the blank parentheses: "TECHNIQUE: Multiple (___) images were taken of both the kidneys and the bladder." Does anyone know what kind of images that might possibly be?  ...

Rocket KCl Fetal Bladder Catheter ?
Jan 14, 2013

surgery on a fetus, cant locate anything to confirm..Any help greatly appreciated ...

Type Of Cystoscope For Checking Bladder And Urethra And Injection Of Macroplastique
Mar 02, 2011

He could just be stumbling on his words but I want to check if I'm missing something.  It's not flexible or rigid.  It sort of s/l exicystoscope! We then directed our attention to the urethra.  The 12-degree lens and 17-French flat (___) cystoscope were inserted, and the bladder was examined and was found to be completely normal.  Thanks ...

Spanish Dictator. Cranial Nerves Exam - Smaller Right Pupil, No Ptosis, No Change In "sweating
Aug 15, 2014

x ...

Tumor Registry
Jun 29, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has a background in what I have always called Tumor Registry?  I have been an MT for 30+ years, and have been around Tumor Registrars my entire professional life so I have a pretty good idea of the position but just in the hospital setting.  With all the changes happening in the MT industry, Tumor Registry has come across my path several times lately, just at the time I was thinking about this as my second career.  When I was a young MT I always thought i ...

Huner Tumor?
Apr 28, 2010

s/l Huner's tumor (Heuner/Hyuner) related to petechiae and interstitial cystitis....I must be spelling wrong...can't find anything like it anywhere! ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...

Fibroid Tumor
Apr 28, 2011

A hysterectomy was done in her 20’s due to a large fibroid tumor and s/l "menorajah."  Thanks for any help! ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

Spinal Tumor Help Please
Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor.. We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen. Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there... ...

S/l Hurley Tumor
Nov 24, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this?  No context, just a list in past medical history :-( ...

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

S/l Gormus Tumor (see Post)
Jul 14, 2010

...a mass on the tip of the finger.  There is a small, firm nodule there that is quite sensitive.  At first, I thought this might be a s/l gor-mus tumor; however, there is a lack of coloration and cold sensitivity. ...

Tumor Debulking With S/l Cusis
Apr 26, 2011

pt with stage 4 ovarian CA.  Underwent TAH-BSO and tumor debulking with "coosis, kusis, cushis."  he says it quite clearly -- anyone??  TIA ...