A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

-ology of head injury - mt

Posted: Apr 19, 2010

The word s/l nephology or fology.  It is not etiology or epidemiology.  The sentence is -

I have had the opportunity to discuss ____ology of head injuries, risks, etc., with the patient.

I'm drawing a complete blank and any help is greatly appreciated.

morphology? n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

That would be it. Thank you very much - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

good - I love it when I can help n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

pathology? nm - rqCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh this is just great - now I may have put the wrong word - LOL - if I did it wouldnt be the first time

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think I did because it was more of an "or" or "er" sound rather than an "ath", but you brought up a very good reminder for me to listen more carefully.

Pathology would fit though in the sentence, so I guess I will just wait to see if they contact me.

Thank you for your suggestion.

You are very welcome :) nm - rqCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Patient With Head Injury
Jan 11, 2012

Patient with head injury. Was brought to the hospital and became (sounds like uptutted?) ...

Patient With Closed Head Injury - S/P *athacy* And Seizure. Thanks. Nm
Mar 26, 2010

nm ...

Word That Sounds Like "eek-e-ology"
Oct 09, 2013

I'm looking for a work that sounds like "eek-e-ology" regarding my MRI results.  I am not going back to this guy, so I'm not calling him to find out what he is talking about.  I'm waiting for my other appointment with a different dr.   This guy has a very heavy India accent and I can't figure out what his voice mail says, but here is part of it -  "... there was some spots. We don't know that due to headache or other "ee ...

Degloving Injury
Sep 06, 2012

Degloving injury type 4 or IV. This always gets me. ...

Has Anyone Tried This For Back Injury?
Oct 11, 2013

Has anyone tried transcribing from a laptop away from their desk at home, maybe from the couch or in a reclining position while recuperating from a back injury? I recently injured my back. On days off when I'm not sitting in my office chair, I feel much improved. But as soon as I sit down to work, the pain returns like the day I injured it. Even with taking frequent breaks to stand up and walk around, I can barely stand up straight or walk after my shift and feel like I return to square ...

Need Help With Ankle Injury - Peon Or P1???
Dec 16, 2009

The doctor is either saying the patient has a peon or a P1 ankle injury or something like that but I can find neither after a thorough search.  Can anyone help?  The fx is in slight varus  if that helps.  Pt. has had external fixation.  Patient has a type III-A injury.  Any clue? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.  Have a great night!  :-) ...

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

INJURY WITH A HARO DISC ?
Aug 27, 2010

It was a harrow disc (piece of farm equipment).  He injury to the haro disc and not by a harrow disc and that is what threw me off.  Thanks ...

Pata Ball Injury?!
Sep 24, 2010

Dictation about upcoming knee replacement - past medical history sounded like "She had a recognized pata-ball injury" but pata-ball doesn't look right to me... ...

Adds Insult To Injury
Dec 11, 2012

To have the percentage of stuff that goes to QA be a factor in the bonus.  They are just encouraging people to send through stuff that truly is not decipherable (even numbers).  Plus, how fair is it when you have one truly unavoidable blank in a 19-minute report and ALL those lines get counted as having been sent to QA?  Motivating people to send through incorrect reports just could put me over the edge as far as leaving. ...

S/l Traumio Cream For Shoulder Injury? Thanks!
Nov 05, 2009

x ...

MDI/Transcend Adds Insult To Injury
Nov 24, 2009

when they cut your pay and then ask you to absorb the printing and mailing costs of the ridiculous "new hire documents" for people who were innocently going along, doing their daily work, when out of the blue they were told of being merged into another company.  Now really, is any of this OUR fault??  Like somebody said before, we are the faithful backbone of MDI and now we are being treated like scum off the street.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why they need us to fill ...

Help! Burn Injury With A S/l Boolay On His Hand.
Apr 21, 2010

n/m ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

Patient With Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury. Please Sm
Feb 26, 2010

Is being fitted with s/l KFOs.  I know of AFOs but this is very definitely a "K".  Looked on google without any help.  Thanks  ...

Im An LPN But Am Looking For Work From Home Due To A Back Injury. Is MT Right For Me Or Is Medical B
Oct 26, 2010

I have been an LPN for 8 years. I have 3 children ages 3, 7, and 12. I recently injured my back in December on the job at a nursing home and I am interested in working from home. I just don't know what to do.  Is MT better than billing/coding?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also suggestions on what school/online program to go through would be great also.  Thanks! ...

ACL Reconstruction - No Evidence Of A Talar S/l Bilm Injury
Sep 10, 2011

There is no evidence of a talar s/l bilm injury. ...

Salter Harris IV Type S/l Ficile Injury?
May 25, 2012

First question, is it type 4 or type IV - I see it documented both ways, does anyone know which is correct? Also he says what sounds like fiseal injury - any ideas?   Thanks for your expertise and assistance, not real familiar with orthopedics. ...

Dx: S/P Achilles Lengthening, Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury And
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

Hand Injury. Bleeding Was Controlled With S/l Palmar Raffle?
Jun 30, 2011

The fascia over the extensor tendon is clearly intact, and all bleeding was controlled s/l palmary raffle at the emergency department.  ...

Brain Injury Through Zone Of S/l Fatalis In Pons And Midbrain
Nov 12, 2013

Thank you ...

Mit Or M-head Or ....
Oct 15, 2009

Under the indications for procedure heading, the doctor says " _____ is a 26-year-old female..." It almost sounds like Mit or Med or Mhead....any ideas? At first I thought maybe "Man" but its a female. ...

HEAD UP NJA
Jul 21, 2010

I read EVERYDAY about ppl on this board having no jobs at the Q, not being able to contact their CCM or RTL to get work.  I got a phone call (not an e-mail) ASKING if I could take on another couple of accounts because "the people assigned to these accounts apparently can't get their TAT up"  The sugar on top is this is suppose to be a "straight type facility"...  WOW!  I took the accounts, I mean, I've been working steady for about 3 - 4 months, FT hours, nary a NJ ...

CT Head
Oct 05, 2010

CT of the brain showed no acute findings.  Old injury of left s/l laminapapy worsia and sinus disease. ...

MRI Of The Head
Mar 26, 2012

MRI of the head demonstrated acute subdural hematoma extending from the left fronto-temporal region to left parietal occipital region measuring 4-5 mm ???(s/l Leis or Weiss) diameter ...

Going Over Sup's Head
May 09, 2013

Has anyone used the second tier of contact regarding no answers from supervisor?  If so, any ramifications? ...

Just A Head's Up ...
Nov 11, 2013

I'm an MME, and in editing reports these past few weeks I'm noticing a huge number of gender mix ups in the reports I'm seeing.  In some reports, it almost seems to toggle back and forth from he/she/him/her, etc with absolutely no consistency.  It seems to be an ASR issue.  I'm not sure why it's happening but what I AM noticing is that a lot of MTs aren't catching it.  If I am the MME for your report, I will always correct them while I'm fil ...

All I Can Do Is Shake My Head .... (SM)
Dec 28, 2009

I found an ad this morning that I was so excited about, part-time MT in 2 specialties that I love, started my email to the company when I went back to look at the job ad and it states UP TO 0.7 per line.  Immediately I deleted the email, shook my head and went on looking.  What amazes me even more is that these people/companies who offer these horrible wages generally act like they are doing you a favor!!  Sad, so very sad .... ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

My Head Is Swirling!
Mar 29, 2010

So much going on!  Got an e-mail Friday that all jobs, regardless of how many blanks it has in is, is going directly to the customer.  Got another e-mail about Benchmark, and I have no clue what that is all about.  Not certified, don't want to be certified, so if it has anything to do with that - and we HAVE to from what I am gathering.  Then they train me for full DQS accounts, and there is never any work on those accounts.  My primary was supposed to go SR in Janu ...