A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

INJURY WITH A HARO DISC ? - MIA

Posted: Aug 27, 2010

It was a harrow disc (piece of farm equipment).  He injury to the haro disc and not by a harrow disc and that is what threw me off.  Thanks

They sometimes use a 4-hole disc or plate to hold and affix a forearm fracture?? nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If you have not figured it out yet, could you give us some more information - maybe that will help

[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry to make this more complicated than it probably is, but as I read the sentence, it seems to go 2 ways.

What exactly was dictated?  

“History is injury with Haro disc” or did he say something before or after to qualify.  

Is this an ER report and the patient just came in and gave a history of how the injury happened or is this an old injury which has been taken care of with a Haro disc?  

The reason for asking is because there is a Haro dirt bike that has discs.  If it was a recent accident and the patient is describing how it happened, that could be it.  Kind of like the patient saying “history of injury with chain saw.”  The chain saw would not be how it was taken care of but how it occurred.

Hope I did not confuse you more than you already were.  LOL

harrow...it is a farming tool - poi

[ In Reply To ..]
x

and farmers don't care how you spell disc! - poi

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

At L4-5, There Is S/l (disc-a-zation) Of The Disc Representing Loss Of Water Content.
Mar 07, 2012

TIA :-) ...

Disc Or Disk? Degenerative Disc Disease?
Jun 03, 2010

Just wondering... I know AAMT is saying use "disk" for all, but what about DDD?  Do you use degenerative "disc" or "disk" disease?  ...

Disk Versus Disc - Degenerative Disk/disc Disease?
Sep 26, 2014

I work with an MT who insists that it is degenerative disk disease, but we have an ortho doctor who insists it is degenerative disc disease.  He is so annoyed that in his latest dictation he says "humor me and just spell it d-i-s-c" and then proceeds to spell the word every single time he says it throughout the report. Now, I will say that I always typed it "degenerative disc disease" because I worked for an ortho office and was told that was the preferred spelling.  When I start ...

Degloving Injury
Sep 06, 2012

Degloving injury type 4 or IV. This always gets me. ...

Has Anyone Tried This For Back Injury?
Oct 11, 2013

Has anyone tried transcribing from a laptop away from their desk at home, maybe from the couch or in a reclining position while recuperating from a back injury? I recently injured my back. On days off when I'm not sitting in my office chair, I feel much improved. But as soon as I sit down to work, the pain returns like the day I injured it. Even with taking frequent breaks to stand up and walk around, I can barely stand up straight or walk after my shift and feel like I return to square ...

? DISC
Jan 31, 2012

Neurosurgery:  Left L4-5 retroperitoneal retrieval of s/l "sharatade" disc.  ? disc Thanks. ...

Need Help With Ankle Injury - Peon Or P1???
Dec 16, 2009

The doctor is either saying the patient has a peon or a P1 ankle injury or something like that but I can find neither after a thorough search.  Can anyone help?  The fx is in slight varus  if that helps.  Pt. has had external fixation.  Patient has a type III-A injury.  Any clue? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.  Have a great night!  :-) ...

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

-ology Of Head Injury
Apr 19, 2010

The word s/l nephology or fology.  It is not etiology or epidemiology.  The sentence is -   I have had the opportunity to discuss ____ology of head injuries, risks, etc., with the patient.   I'm drawing a complete blank and any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Pata Ball Injury?!
Sep 24, 2010

Dictation about upcoming knee replacement - past medical history sounded like "She had a recognized pata-ball injury" but pata-ball doesn't look right to me... ...

Patient With Head Injury
Jan 11, 2012

Patient with head injury. Was brought to the hospital and became (sounds like uptutted?) ...

Adds Insult To Injury
Dec 11, 2012

To have the percentage of stuff that goes to QA be a factor in the bonus.  They are just encouraging people to send through stuff that truly is not decipherable (even numbers).  Plus, how fair is it when you have one truly unavoidable blank in a 19-minute report and ALL those lines get counted as having been sent to QA?  Motivating people to send through incorrect reports just could put me over the edge as far as leaving. ...

Disk Or Disc
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have a trick on how to know which is the right form to use?  When I look them up in the dictionary I am thinking disc is for eyes and disk is for spine??  Any help appreciated!  ...

Cup-to-disc Ratio
Mar 30, 2010

doctor states "cup-to-disc ratio is two to three"  How is this typed?  ...

Copying ESP Onto Disc
Apr 03, 2010

I'm trying to copy my ExText ESP word expander onto a disc.  Everytime I try, it says "please insert disc into drive D" even when I have one in.  Does anybody know why it won't copy?  Thank's ...

Disc Contact?
Oct 08, 2010

did anyone ever hear of neural foraminal disc  contact?  This is new to me.  ...

S/l Disc ANNULI C3-C4
May 09, 2011

Cervical MRI 07/22/09 showed bulging disc annuli C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6, and C6-C7 without impingement ...

Herniated Disc
Apr 15, 2012

Paraspinous muscles were dissected or resected (not sure could be either by the sound) and William retractor was inserted to allow visualization. ...

Disk Vs Disc
May 11, 2012

I am curious as to the correct way to use this word when talking about the spine.  I have seen it both ways in my references and back in the day it used to be disc when talking about the eye, but it seems now ortho is using it.  Can someone enlighten me please as to the current preference? ...

Disc Or Disk?
Feb 25, 2015

what is the preferred spelling of disc/disk?  The way I learned was that it doesn't totally matter as long as the spelling is the same throughout the report.  But now I am getting feedback that it does matter.  Thoughts? ...

S/l Traumio Cream For Shoulder Injury? Thanks!
Nov 05, 2009

x ...

MDI/Transcend Adds Insult To Injury
Nov 24, 2009

when they cut your pay and then ask you to absorb the printing and mailing costs of the ridiculous "new hire documents" for people who were innocently going along, doing their daily work, when out of the blue they were told of being merged into another company.  Now really, is any of this OUR fault??  Like somebody said before, we are the faithful backbone of MDI and now we are being treated like scum off the street.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why they need us to fill ...

Help! Burn Injury With A S/l Boolay On His Hand.
Apr 21, 2010

n/m ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

Disk Versus Disc
Jan 16, 2010

Cervical disk versus disc, which is the preferred?  I thought it was disk, but in speech jobs lately it is spelled as disc.  TIA ...

Age Old Question: Disk Or Disc
Jan 22, 2010

I know it's been asked before -- and answered before.  BOS 2nd likes DISK.  I still like it too.  I also like DISC for anything optic related.  Unless definite client preference, is there any updated consensus on using one or the other these days?   Thanks. ...

Test For Disc Hernation
Feb 16, 2010

s/l Sagersane’s test was negative for disc herniation ...

Disc Protrusion/extrusion And...
Sep 07, 2010

"Thoracic MRI - possible T6-7 left paramedian disc protrusion/extrusion s/l 'and/or osseofied formation' with no significant cord compression."  I'm not sure what the dr is trying to say here...I don't know if that and/or is part of the word or if it is just 'and' and she was stumbling over her words with the 'or' part. ...

Disc Versus Disk
Jun 07, 2011

Can someone please clear this up for me as in C3-4 disc or disk? ...

Word Expanders On Disc?
Dec 04, 2012

Is it possible to get a word expander (Shorthand, etc) on disc instead of just download?  I don't have much faith in the security of downloading what is basically already a key-logger from a website that seems a little shady.  Thanks! ...